Where would you like to live

lakeriedog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love it here in California....there's a nice farm on Hwy 101 near the turnoff to Bolinas that I would love to live in, and the city of Colusa is real nice, quiet and very close to my favorite Bingo place.

There are tons of beautiful places in this country, West Virginia, Tennessee, Georgia, Virginia and Florida are high on my list. If I were to move to another country, it would have to be Australia. The people are nice, they speak English and have nice shopping centers.

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another vote for a private island here!

Failing that, I'd love to live on the Orkney Islands off the scottish coast. Quiet, peaceful, very few people, no skyscrapers, and the temperature never gets too hot.

Anywhere cold would do me really, somewhere you could snuggle up in front of a warm fire with a film and a bottle of red wine (and a cat or two)!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really love Florida, mainly the east coast where I grew up.
In fact. I'd love to raise a family in my little hometown beachtown. The government there has always done an amazing job at keeping Ormond Beach beautiful and tightknit, no matter how much it grows. I'm too much of a homebody to want to move far away, and I can already hardly stand our winters...how would I survive going even the slightest bit north?! I absolutely LOVE to travel though and I would be very depressed if I could no longer travel for one reason or another.

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

Oh, man. That's another thing. Chicago-style pizza is so good that I'm known to go freegan for it on occassion. I spent a month in Muncie, IN this summer, which was completely nice except for one thing...I don't know how they find that pizza even remotely acceptable

So I hear ya on the allegance to your home-town cuisine!
Hate to say it Allie, but I really do not like Chicago-style pizza. For some reason it always makes me feel sick.

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

Alaska? Winterpeg would suffice. I think it's cold 7 or 8 months a year here. It also gets to -40°F in the winter. Is that cold enough for you?
Ummm. Ryan???? ShhhhhhH! It was 30 c on Sunday! And the leaves are still green and the grass...
Maybe it won't come this year!

*runs and hibernates*

Fantasy: I would live in South America as I hear that you can live there on $4.00 a week.
and its beautiful and its hot...I would like to spend my days reading newspapers from all over the world at a sunny outdoor cafe facing the water, talking philosophy and current events with an Ernest Hemingway type wearing a white linen suit and panama hat...He would teach me Spanish in the evenings...and have me sit for him while he paints me...

Ummm. Too much detail ?

Reality: I would likely move to England as I have dual citizenship anyway and wouldn't have to hassle with a Visa. I would live in James Herriots England though and wear rubber boots and muck about the dales.

But let me just say...I AM CANADIAN..for those of you Canucks, you know what I mean

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Loveysmummy

Reality: I would likely move to England as I have dual citizenship anyway and wouldn't have to hassle with a Visa. I would live in James Herriots England though and wear rubber boots and muck about the dales.
Actually, if I were going to live in another country it would probably be England, partially for that very same reason! Having dual citizenship certainly makes things a lot less messy!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If money were no object, I'd buy a summer cabin in Alaska and a winter penthouse in New York.

Actually, my best friend and I said that when we're little old ladies, we're going to live in a NYC penthouse, surrounded by kitties

I'd also really like to live in Canada and the south coast of Spain at some point in my life.

maratwc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emb_78

No one wants to live in Wisconsin???
I wouldn't mind it. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about Madison. In fact, I'm thinking about moving there.

maratwc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Antares

Question: Are Germans welcome in US?
My ex is from Germany. I asked him after I saw this post, and he said he hasn't felt unwelcome here. He did say the weather in Texas was quite a shock when he first got here.

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

Perhaps somewhere in the Carribean.
Considering there's a hurricane head our way today, maybe I should just say somewhere besides here for the next few days.
Aw Steph, it's safe here in East TN. You and your girls can come hang out with us for a while.
Go Away Ophelia!!!!!!!!!!!!