where to meet girls??

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t think you can rush such things. Youâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]re a young guy, have some fun, if girls are coming onto you so early then they are probably looking for some fun too. Just be careful of the crazies Lol.

I truly believe love comes when you least expect it. If you rush, youâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]re probably going to end up disappointed because youâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]re going to always hope sheâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s “the oneâ€. Just be patient…. It will come.

There is some good advice here. I am a firm believer that Internet dating sites are awesome for this type of thing. Not online chats, but actual dating sites (nothing wrong with chat, But if you want that girl NOW then dating sites rock for that). You can be completely honest about who you are, what you expect, and anyone who would be interested reading your profile you would probably have something in common with.

As I said I believe it will come when you least expect it. Every single long-term boyfriend I had came as a surprise, they all came when I loved being single, I tried not to become involved but you KNOW when they are the one. I met my current man online, World of Warcraft (ya Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m a nerd) knew him for years before we met to just hang and be friendly… well one thing led to another and I moved provinces for him and have been here for almost 2 years. Heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s another one I just wanted to be single and he popped into my life…. Thankfully.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

And I learned very early on that the younger a woman is, the more likely she is to go for the "bad boys" in the group. Mothering instinct, I suspect.
Either that or we learn that the "bad boys" are usual the ones who tend to hurt us, so eventually we give up on bad boys and start looking for good men.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

Either that or we learn that the "bad boys" are usual the ones who tend to hurt us, so eventually we give up on bad boys and start looking for good men.
Who, by that time, are usually taken by the girls who figured it out early!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jez, a cooking course or something similar at the tech sounds like a promising idea. Having taught on night courses for many years, the classes don't tend to be very big and you don't have a great deal of contact with other groups around the college - but give it a try.

I think one of the biggest hurdles for you in the way of meeting people is that you work for yourself in a business where you're unlikely to come across many people. A lot of people meet their partners at or through work.

Volunteering sounds like a great idea. You'd be doing the animals and the shelters a great service and would meet plenty of people as well. You're probably not having much luck with people that you meet through friends because your friends are still looking for what you have moved on from. Whereas, if you meet somebody through a shelter they may be looking for companionship in an animal because they are finding it difficult finding the right fit in a person. That right fit might be you!

Good luck - it will happen. You just have to put yourself in the right places and not try too hard. You will only meet people by actually meeting peopl - sounds obvious doesn't it!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Who, by that time, are usually taken by the girls who figured it out early!
Very, very true. (Fortunately, I figured it out at 22.)