Where to get Feliway?

catfella

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I apologize if this sort of question is not allowed or if I've posted this is the wrong area.

I've read a lot about this product, Feliway, on the forums here and I've got to admit I am interested. I just brought home our newest feline addition to the family today. Chester, our 15 month old male, was just brought home over a week ago. He is doing absolutely great. Best kitty ever!

Tonight, after work, I picked up Colby from our local humane society. She is a 7 month old female. (both have been fixed). I've set up a "safe room" for Colby as she is the new cat and I'm reading the steps on how to properly introduce the two of them slowly. In the meantime, I'd like to purchase some of the Feliway diffusers just for that added ambience!

I went to their website and noticed they don't sell direct and their tool for locating a local supplier was not working either. I'm always cautious about buying from unknown/untrusted websites. Can someone recommend a website (or two) or even a particular store chain that carries this product?

Thanks...

Again, sorry if this is not an appropriate question for the forums, it's just that you all seem very knowledgable.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catfella

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I called a local pet supply store and confirmed they do carry the product. Well, they carry the diffusers (which is what I want), but not the spray. I see that the price can vary wildly (as with most things) depending on where you buy it. I've found the 48 ML diffusers online for around $13 and the local store said they are $27 (yikes).

How long do these diffusers last, I wonder?

I fear I simply can not afford a $50/month Feliway Habit...LOL.

whaler

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
the diffusers last about a month, i forget how large of an area they will cover. keep in mind that you will not need it forever, just short term.in your situation i agree that the diffuser is the best bet, at least for a month. after that you may want to try using the spray in a "targeted" manner, or not need it at all.

i have used it when i have socialized ferals, but only for the first few months. i also keep a bottle of the spray on hand for when i need to trap a feral.

good luck with your newest addition.

catfella

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks again. I decided to purchase two of the diffusers. I will put one on the first floor and one on the second floor in a centrally located area. At least, that seems like a good idea to me, unless there is a better place. The new kitty is fantastic. She is already eating out of my hand, rubbing her cheeks on me!, letting me pet her, and playing with cat toys with me. The older cat, Cheddar, is still a bit more standoffish. He likes to find me at 3am and meowl for treats.

duckdodgers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Definitely much cheaper on Amazon.  I have been avoiding them because of the price, but I found them much cheaper there.

catfella

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You're right, LOL.

I do a lot of shopping on Amazon and I didn't even think to check there. I just looked and the diffuser/refill pack is about $5 less than another place I just ordered from! :p

jlc20m

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Petsmart carries Feliway. (Both diffuser/refill and spray.)  It can be purchased instore or online. Also, many vet clinics carry it. Clinics would charge more, though. I've seen a refill spray sell for $29.99 at Petsmart and $49.99 at a vet clinic.

jlc20m