Where is your litterbox?

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are in one of the guest bathrooms, the computer room, the den and the dining room, they are all in a carpeted box that holds the litter box and one is the Litter robot!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have two in a small closet/storage room and one in the spare bedroom. When I'm fostering, that one goes into the bathroom.

audiocat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One is in the laundry room, the 2nd box is on the other side of the house in the Master bathroom. They used to use both equally, but now they've started using mostly the box in the master bath.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1) in the middle of our bedroom
2) in mom's computer room(attached to her bedroom)
3) & 4) in the laundry/garage.

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I voted "other" since we have an unfinished room which SOMEDAY will be a 2nd bathroom. For now there is junk in there, paint, fixtures that will go into the bathroom when we get around to doing it, and of course the litter boxes.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ours are in the corner of the living room, kind of behind a couch. It's a little sectioned off from the living room, so when you're sitting there you can't see them, but that doesn't stop the smell if someone drops a smelly one!!!

For those with the litter trays in your main bedroom - doesn't that get stinky? What if they do a yucky poo in the middle of the night? Or just go scratching around? Doesn't that drive you nuts? I hate having the litter boxes in the living room because it's so "public".

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bathrooms .. but likely when the kitty room is set up there

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Ours are in the corner of the living room, kind of behind a couch. It's a little sectioned off from the living room, so when you're sitting there you can't see them, but that doesn't stop the smell if someone drops a smelly one!!!

For those with the litter trays in your main bedroom - doesn't that get stinky? What if they do a yucky poo in the middle of the night? Or just go scratching around? Doesn't that drive you nuts? I hate having the litter boxes in the living room because it's so "public".
nope... but then, once i'm out, it takes a lot to wake me!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I definitely could handle it in the bedroom
Stuart smells something terrible!!!

I keep it in our extra room. I'm not sure what it's really supposed to be. It has a table, that we never use, a fish tank, the dresser that wouldn't fit upstairs, a box spring that wouldn't fit up the stairs, and the dog crate. So pretty much it's the "extra stuff we don't have room for" room

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The 2 of ours are in our bedroom

Its never a problem for us? I guess I'm just used to it
I could never have them in the living room, it's too out in the open, I like to give them some privacy!

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oops, I didn't realize you could choose more than one answer...
The "main" litterbox is now in the dining room. It used to be on the second floor, but Sneakers would use the bathtub on the main floor as a litterbox when she didn't feel like going all the way upstairs. We had a second box for Sneakers in a bathroom upstairs (in my brother's apartment) but now his new kitten is staying up there so that's where his kitten's box is. My rescued kitten, Church, has his litterbox in a corner of my bedroom because that is where he stays when he is not being allowed (supervised) in the rest of the house.

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 3 downstairs one is in the ds bathroom one is in the laundryroom area the other is at the end of the ds hallway. I have 3 upstairs one in our room one in the living room and one in the office...

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Occasionly they scratch at the cover for a billion minutes and DH has to get up. The stinky poos are around dinner time so we are in the clear when we sleep.

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A closet was the only option not on the poll. Ours is in a closet with the door cracked open just far enough for them to pass through.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by whiteforest

A closet was the only option not on the poll. Ours is in a closet with the door cracked open just far enough for them to pass through.
all 4 of mine are in closets - 1 in the hall, with a brick to keep the door from closing, & 3 in the bedroom closet.