Where is your kitchen window?

frankthetank

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have two windows on a wall in my kitchen next to an open area where we have our kitchen table. Then we have counters all along the inside wall, and on the wall that we have our stove there is a large window facing out backyard. I put an island infront of it so as I am baking I can look outside at the birds and chickens. I put a birdbath and bird feeders outside to look at.
My dream kitchen....includes a window above the sink. I love having a window to look out. I wash dishes at least once a day, staring at a plain white wall...

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My kitchen is open to the dining areas; which I love. It helps with those people congregating! LOL! The whole area is basically L shaped but the kitchen itself is U shaped, with one leg of the U making a nice long and wide peninsula. The other side of it is a bar height area for eating. It's open behind that, like a smaller breakfast area with 2 windows. Then a few feet down the wall is what looks like french doors, but only one side is functional. So there is a lot of natural, morning light in there. Those look out to the back yard. The window over the sink looks more at our neighbors house than anything... LOL! I'd post a pic for you; but all of the ones of the kitchen are on my computer that has been waiting to be fixed since spring....

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 3 windows in my kitchen. One is just a little dinky one that looks out to the main road and big field, I like having it there. The other is facing out the front of the house, it used to be a big bay window but we replaced it because the bay window was old and let out too much heat and in too much cold air. Since we redid that window though, the glare on the tv isnt as bad and I also added a nice little shelf for extra counter space. We also have a window that looks out onto our front porch, its just a cheesy little plexi glass window but its been there since we moved in and since we cant find the same exact paneling we have we dont really have anything we can do with it. I think it will stay because sometimes the cats like to go out there and hang out in the summer so I can keep an eye on them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
You guys have some neat kitchens! Mine is a u-shaped kitchen with lots of cabinets and counter tops. It's eat-in with the table right in front of the French doors at the other end.

My dream kitchen is larger with cabinets and counters. I'd like to have a baking area where I can knead and roll out yeast dough and roll pie dough without having to move a lot of stuff. And since our window faces north, yes I do want windows at the sink area. Most of all, I want room! Room to work, room to walk around without feeling so closed in.

Thanks for answering my post!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would definitely go for a large window over the sink area. To me, it's the perfect spot for a window!
Your plans sound great and I'm sure you'll really enjoy entertaining at your house.