Where is the undercoat?

taty caty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello,

My cat is long-haired. He is either Persian or Domestic LongHair (Not sure of the breed, he was lost/abandoned and adopted from the street).

I hear all the time of "undercoat", but I can't see it anywhere in my cat.

Does anyone have a picture or a video  that shows how the undercoat looks compared to the other coat?

I "digged" in my cat's coat, but all hairs seem to be of equal length. There is not short hairs that form the undercoat.

Thanks.

stormi71

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Some breeds of cat don't have an undercoat eg Ragdolls. So maybe your cat is a ragdoll, or is a mixed breed with ragdoll in it.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He probably doesn't have an undercoat.  My longer hair kitty has one and it is obvious.  It's like fluffy fur next to her skin.  I always get a lot of that fluffy, cottony fur off of her when I comb her.  That's the part of her coat that will get tangled up also.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

taty caty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Some breeds of cat don't have an undercoat eg Ragdolls. So maybe your cat is a ragdoll, or is a mixed breed with ragdoll in it.

He probably doesn't have an undercoat.  My longer hair kitty has one and it is obvious.  It's like fluffy fur next to her skin.  I always get a lot of that fluffy, cottony fur off of her when I comb her.  That's the part of her coat that will get tangled up also.
Thank you so much. Do you have a picture of the undercoat so that I can see and compare?

Could you also please have a look at my kitty's pictures on this thread:

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/277574/what-breed-age-is-my-lovely-boy-pictures-inside

I don't think he is a ragdoll, because he is not so submissive when carried asragdolls do.

Thanks. :)