Where in the world are you and whats planned for your weekend?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

this weekend I'll be jumping on my Harley and roaring off North to Laconia, New Hampshire for the 83rd Annual Motorcycle Week! Generally about 350,000 motorcyclists roll into town for a week-long celebration of everything motorcycle.
I just saw a few pickups hauling trailers with bikes headed north on Rt. 95

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I just saw a few pickups hauling trailers with bikes headed north on Rt. 95
That's why a lot of people call it "trailer week" instead of bike week, LOL!

I'll be riding mine! I'll wave as I go by ya!

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This weekend is the traditional Chinese Summer Festival (a holiday that is almost as big as Chinese New Year)

Hubby and I going to Chinatown, Houston and spend the weekend with Mom.

Hubby has two jobs. One of them is a salesman at a bike shop. He is really good with bikes and if you have any questions about bikes I'll ask him

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by shengmei

Hubby has two jobs. One of them is a salesman at a bike shop. He is really good with bikes and if you have any questions about bikes I'll ask him
Thanks, I appreciate the offer, but I've had my Harley for 7 years now and my mechanic is a very close friend, so I think I'm covered!

Have fun in Chinatown! Eat some yummies for me!!!

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Have fun in Chinatown! Eat some yummies for me!!!
Thank you very much.

Let's just hope Mom doesn't offer hubby pig intestines again like she did on the Chinese New Year.

Edited to add: OOPS!!! When I read bikes I thought you meant bicycles. I was wrong. I guess hubby can't help you after all.

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm from Houston, Texas, USA. Here are a few pics from around town:

http://www.houstontx.gov/abouthousto.../gallery1.html

This weekend it all starts off with me going to bed early so that I may wake up for my BIG certification test tomorrow for the State of Texas. This determines whether or not I start teaching elementary school this fall. After that, my husband (Zack) and I are going to a festival. This is a festival near downtown, the Blue Bayou Event:

http://www.buffalobayou.org/eventsrec.html

On Sunday, we have church and sunday school and then my mom and I are going shopping for me. She is basically buying me a pretty nice sized wardrobe for my new career--which I am waiting on
It's going to be a busy one!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in Kentucky and I have a date tonight if I don't talk myself out of it which I have a bad habit of. But have been sick from sinuses. Last night at work the boss let me sleep during my lunch and let me take an extra 30 minutes. I was so sick. I took some tylenol sinuse and I guess I had a fever because I got chilled and then next thing I know I am ringing wet from sweat and then cold again. But hopefully my date goes well. Haven't been on a date in so long.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

I live in Kentucky and I have a date tonight if I don't talk myself out of it which I have a bad habit of. But have been sick from sinuses. Last night at work the boss let me sleep during my lunch and let me take an extra 30 minutes. I was so sick. I took some tylenol sinuse and I guess I had a fever because I got chilled and then next thing I know I am ringing wet from sweat and then cold again. But hopefully my date goes well. Haven't been on a date in so long.
Ahhh, sorry to hear that. I've been sick with sinuses all week too. All I want to do is sleep.........hope your date goes well. Come back and tell us about it!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and welcom to TCS
I am married and have 2 skin kids.
Also have 3 doggies 6 cats and 5 kittys!(houseful yes, but wouldnt have it any other way)
I live in a little town in Kansas......nothing very exciting-lol. We have one stop light
Dont have any big plans this weekend, as DH is working nights all weekend
Anyways, heres a link to my town

BTW-we do have several factories here and one of them being Cobalt Boats, if anyone is familar with them.

http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/genIn...?locIndex=4881

http://www.cobaltboats.com/

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meowsas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow! thanks so much for all the replys! you are such a friendly bunch!
I did a 3 month tenting/driving tour of America in 2002 so I will have to read carefully to see if I have been to your home towns.
Loved the place btw. amazing country.

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I live just outside of NYC. My plans this weekend include going to the Tony Awards. That's the award ceremonies for Broadway. I have a client that is nominated this year.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi all -- I live in Vancouver, BC, where a couple of days of downpour seems to be turning around, and offering at least some sun for the weekend. I have a couple of errands to tend tomorrow, but other than that it's a pretty quiet weekend. If my sweetie gets around to cleaning the venturi tubes on the BBQ, there may be some ribs in it for him