Where have you traveled to in the US?

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it's easier for me to list the states where I haven't visited: Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Alaska.

As a child we also grew up in the midwest and would throw the camping gear in the van and travel across the country. As an adult I've travelled a lot for work. I really want to get up to the Pacific northwest one of these years. The 2 national parks that I haven't been are Yosemite and Yellowstone.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Growing up while my dad was in preaching school(yes I was a preachers daughter) we visited many places!!

So off the top of my head I remember, New Mexico, Arizona.

We lived in Colorado, Nebraska, Kansas....

I have visited: Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Nevada(Las Vegas baby
)

I think theres more but thats all off the top of my head!

shambles

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I travel all over the place for concerts! Some of the places I've road tripped to have been:
Las Vegas
Phoenix
Tucson
Nashville
Louisville
Lexington
Atlanta
Chicago
Milwaukee
Indianapolis
Champagne, Il
Myrtle Beach
Valdosta, Ga
Daytona Beach
Jacksonville
Lots of other places in Florida that I'm not recalling the names of.
New York City
Washington DC
My Sister and I have been all over Canada on a RT.
I went on a RT to West Virginia, and South Carolina but for the life of me I can't remember what cities we actually visited!
Pittsburgh
State College, Pa
All over Michigan
And lots of other places we've visited on the way to our destinations!

felicia's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have traveled to:
California
Nebraska
Illinois
Indiana
Wisconsin
Kentucky
Tennessee
Virginia
and
Washington DC

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've lived in New Jersey, North Carolina and South Carolina. In addition, I've been to New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, West Virginia, Georgia, Florida, Indiana, Kentucky, and Tennessee.

Most of those have been from roadtrips taken with Rob to either get cars or car parts. Obviously some would be from when my family moved from NJ to NC also, and some further north were from my 8th grade class trip to Boston, MA.

One of my goals is to visit all 50 states before I die, and preferably drive to the contiguous 48. Rob and I should be driving to Maine in August (so there's a few more states on the list), and then to Colorado in 2010 for his great-grandma's 100th birthday (a lot more states!) I collect shot glasses for each state I've been to

ibelonginthezoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A few months ago my family recieved one of thoes stickers where you color the states you have been too. We thought it would be fun to find out what states we have and haven't been too. It turns out that we have been to all states except 11 (ME, VT, NH, MA, RI, CT,WV, KY, TN, AR, and WI).

As you can see, my family loves to travel. One of our favorite places we have been too is Alaska. We spent the ENTIRE Summer of 1992 traveling through Alaska in our motorhome. That was an AMAZING trip. We LOVED it sooo much that when my sister and I got to pick our graduation trip, we decided to take a cruise to Alaska. That was wonderfull too, but of the 2, I say the 3 month tour was the best.

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
All I can say is... EVERYWHERE!!!
lol but no Tourist Attractions except http://tigertruckstop.com/

My whole life from the age 1-10 consisted of Traveling everywhere for no reason... aw do I miss those days

The only places im not sure if ive been to are Montana, Washington, Maine, Wisconsin and Michigan.
Oh and I know I havnt been to Alaska or Hawaii

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been past the Tiger Truckstop a number of times lately, but I haven't stopped there. The last time we ate there, they had a big storm and the lights went out, so we had to pay our bill by candlelight and try to get out of that place in the dark.

I wonder if the tigers are still there? The ones at the Tiger Truckstop out in west Texas are no longer there. They were sold or given to a zoo or something, and the truck stop has been sold.

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I've been past the Tiger Truckstop a number of times lately, but I haven't stopped there. The last time we ate there, they had a big storm and the lights went out, so we had to pay our bill by candlelight and try to get out of that place in the dark.

I wonder if the tigers are still there? The ones at the Tiger Truckstop out in west Texas are no longer there. They were sold or given to a zoo or something, and the truck stop has been sold.
Yea im not sure if the Tigers are still there... its been like 9-10 yrs since ive been there ((they were there then)). We use to stop there every time we traveled.
Mmm I should se if I can Scan a couple pics from our last visit... I miss visiting them

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Painted canyons in North Dakota
Laurie, I have avoided this post for the longest time. Truth has it that the ONLY state I have not been in is the first one out of your mouth. PEI is the only province in Canada I have missed and I have been to ALL of the United States of Mexico. 64 countries in all. The only Spanish or English speaking country I am missing is Paraguay. So yes, got to go to Prince Edward Is., North Dakota, and Paraguay. The problem with all three of those places is that unless you are going there, well, you aren't going there...