Where does your kitty scratch their litter?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I'm glad you made this multiple choice. Mine scratch all of the above!
I was too as my house is the same way

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Sophie covers hers though until she's made a big hill of litter in the middle of the tray
My Hannah does this and it infuriates Callie because she likes to use the corners of the box, but there's no litter there!!

Stephanie

maryanny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
2 of my cats try to scratch the carpet, and sometime the wall to cover their litter up. I don't know if they expect the carpet to come up or not. Silly kitties.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mister, Spalding, Scampi, Spritzer all scratch the litter.

Baker scratches the litter, then hops into the next box, then the next box etc.

Missy is a former stray, she scratches the sides of the boxes and has taught Betsy to do the same.

jasminesmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have a covered litter box so Jasmine scratches everywhere! In the litter, on the sides, on the top of the box, outside the box, you name it! My husband thinks it is so funny
, he comes and gets me to show me everytime Jasmine is in the litter box. We can always tell if Jasmine is in there because the scratching goes on FOREVER! Rudy just does his buisness and covers it up with the litter but Jasmine does to town! If she could "dig" forever, she would. I'm so glad you brought it up, now I know Jasmine isn't "different". Bryan thinks it is so funny though, I can't wait to tell him other kittys do it too!
She isn't "different"!!! Yay!

mauld

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Gabby (one of 3) will use the box, leave her 'deposit' uncovered, jump out and scratch the floor. The other 2 use the box, and cover it up. Not sure if by leaving it uncovered, Gabby is trying to send a signal to the other 2, or if this is just another one of her weird habits