where do your cats eat ?

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you one of those loving people who who let your cats eat from a plate at your table ?

My cats have 2 dishes for them. One for cat food and one for scraps. ( tuna, wet food,)

And the dish is on the floor beside their water. Every cat is special and I treat Bella & Thunder the same.

dejolane

gaogier

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No doubt ill get a little flaming for what I do.

I feed my cats wet food on the kitchen side, I feed my cats dry food at night only in my bedroom.

Reasons why is simple, my labrador dog will eat the wet cat food, and dry cat food unless its in my room. I don't want wet cat food in my room as it smells my room too much lol.

Last edited:

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are you one of those loving people who who let your cats eat from a plate at your table ?
My cats have their individual food dish and they all eat in the kitchen. I do not let them eat from a plate at my table because it will encourage them to go up on the table. But I do often share my food but I give them via my hands and they all wait patiently for their treat sitting on the floor.  

Last edited:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our two kitties eat in the kitchen, individually on separate ends of it so there is no direct competition for food.  We do allow them to have (infrequent) treats via hand in other parts of the house.  Casper does have a habit he developed only recently of jumping up onto dining room chairs and staring at us as we eat.  It's rather disconcerting.  We do NOT give him food when he does this.  It's not something we want encouraged.

Thankfully Cocoa has not yet figured this "trick" out!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cats have assigned spots at the "feeding station", an area at the end of our kitchen.  They know which spot is theirs and in what order they food dishes are put down.  We never free feed.  They do get treats from time to time, but I usually give them to them in the den.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My girls have their food bowls and water fountain in the kitchen.  I have had their bowls on the cat tree before when my DD was smaller and wouldn't stay out of them.  

I've known a few people who fed their cats somewhere elevated; like a table or on top of a washer or dryer, to keep their dogs out of the cat food.  

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My girls have their food bowls and water fountain in the kitchen.  I have had their bowls on the cat tree before when my DD was smaller and wouldn't stay out of them.  

I've known a few people who fed their cats somewhere elevated; like a table or on top of a washer or dryer, to keep their dogs out of the cat food.  

My question was; Do you feed your cats at the dinner table with you ?

dejolane

aharris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No, never.

Missy was a feral and she is an accomplished mooch/forager. If you don't watch her, she will poach food from anywhere and everywhere. If we fed her at the table, I feel like that problem would only get 1,000 times worse.

No, like the others, each lady has her own dish and gets her own portion. Since we've been having some aggression issues, if the weather is changing, Peeps often gets her evening meal downstairs where she will sleep for the night (her safe place), and sometimes, we'll give Missy her morning dry kibble on top of the over-computer cat shelf which is her safe place.

But, normally, they eat both evening wet and morning dry in their own bowls in the kitchen.

foruicry

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
All my animals are fed twice a day. The dogs first, the cats second. Both get their treats before dinner and all four have to sit, sit up and shake a paw before the treats (yes the cats too, lol)

Ninja eats on the dishwasher, Teisha will eat on the table beside when she gets out of solitary. This is so the dogs don't eat their food.

I would NEVER fed any animal off my plate while I was eating. Puts them too high on the pack leader scale, lol