Where do you view The Cat Lounge entries from?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat Lounge for me.

One thing I will note with some of the coloring for thread titles...I really have a hard time reading the titles if they aren't contrasted correctly

For example I can read Katie's Question of the Day thread just fine, but unfortunately I cannot read the title of your CatQuiz

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I go directly to The Cat Lounge but as you already know, I did not see anything different from colors or anything on quiz.
And of course I tried to guess how to do it but missed part of it since I could not see it.

kittieshasme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I go directly to The Cat Lounge. I have to say the colored titles are hard to read and irritating (IMO). I usually don't open those threads to read.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Worriedmommy

I go directly to The Cat Lounge but as you already know, I did not see anything different from colors or anything on quiz.
And of course I tried to guess how to do it but missed part of it since I could not see it.
I hope that you saw the post about different browsers. I think that is the answer.

kitten_smitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Something else to keep in mind about the various thread features and other enhancements which can be bought: you'll see them all if you are using IE, but you won't necessarily see them in other browsers -- some features, yes, but not all -- so some of those features are lost on those of us who prefer other browsers. It obviously doesn't bother me enough to make me use IE, but you could be spending for an effect we won't all see. Just a thought.
I didn't see the different colors at first because I am using firefox so I am glad the browser limitation was mentioned - For the sake of curiosity I switched to IE view - which can be done right from the firefox browser with Internet Explorer in a Mozilla/Firefox tab.

I did not know if every one with firefox was aware of this option. I didn't know about this until recently - it helps with IE only pages and seeing various features like different colored titles here.

I got here through the cat lounge - general forum but I am new.

The communities I am more established in I often get to a thread from the links in my e-mail notifications - in communities where I have duties I often use new post feature for the same reason the moderator above mentioned . . . How well established one is as well as how frequently one visits would also serve to determine how the person arrives in any given thread. It seem like newbies or less than daily visitors would more than likely enter in through the front page - thus the cat lounge route.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kitten_Smitten

The communities I am more established in I often get to a thread from the links in my e-mail notifications .
i do something similar - my bookmark for TCS is actually for my subscribed threads. [i don't get an email notification, thru choice!]. after catching up on those, i go to the new posts next. if i get thru those, then i start looking around elsewhere.
i looked at the KatKwiz post in question - i use Camino [on a macbook] & i don't see the color change... but i see the colors & fonts of the usernames & titles. no glows or shadows, tho.
this was the one about avatars, right? to me, it shows up italicized...

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by taterbug

I voted other because I usually visit each forum and read thru the posts, then afterwards, I click "new posts" to see what's new for the rest of the day.
I do that too, after the first visit I 'mark forums read', then come back to new posts later in the day.