Where Do You Buy Your L-Lysine?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Libby - if you don't mind, how much was the Viralys?
Lauren, it's been awhile, but I'm thinking the 3.5 oz. (100g) was right around $15-$17.  I would still get it from my vet if he stocked it regularly; that's the one area in which they're just a little lax-----re-ordering out of stocks. My cats have no problem with the powder sprinkled on their wet food, so I'll keep buying the powder form.  I can't IMAGINE trying to get a gel into a couple of them.

caramelblond

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

I get all my nutritional items, hair and skin care products, and some food items at I-herb.com.  The Now Foods brand in the 1 pound bottle of powdered L-Lysine is $14.01 per bottle and there is a multiple bottle discount!  They also carry Source Naturals.  The site shows all nutritional information and customers' reviews for all of their products.

Take a look at the site to see if they carry your brand and if it is better priced, and if you place an order enter in the code LAD106 for a $5 discount on your first order!  That makes the L-Lysine $9 bucks!!!

They are so much cheaper then anywhere I have found with some great benefits too, such as free shipping on orders, buy more save more, shipping to other countries, and free samples of your choice with every order.  They are very good at packaging for shipment and send things, like my nieces probiotics, in cold packs to keep them at their best. 

I hope this saves everyone a little money!

Happy holidays,

Buddy and Janice

Last edited:

ekmitch

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Go on Chewy.com.  They have a tub of powder for about 11.00.  Gets pretty good ratings.   

ekmitch

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I actually got mine from Drug emporium for 6.95.  I bought it , not knowing a lot, except that I needed something for kittie's immune system.  Then I was doing my research found this.  I've only been able to use for a few days, but my cats seem to like it and I have not problem getting to eating it.  Happy to find someone with good reviews.

zanti lu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Amazon has everything you need! The Vet charges way too much.  

lifeofreilly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just to put my two cents in- my vet gave me a paste Enysil-F by Vetoquinol (petsmart, PetCo, chewy's $28) that is magic for my kitty. He gets depressed/withdrawn when his eyes act up- poor baby- you can tell it's not just a localized reaction. (Humans say the same about herpes) I prefer not to give my baby extra stuff like sorbitol & fish flavor & carmellose though so I tried the Walmart tablets after the paste cleared him up. Nope. He seemed nauseated after. I think fillers/binders can upset delicate tummys. So I am trying a new hypoallergenic capsule form. Will post if I have good results. Remember that all these brands have different chemicals in them!

As far as dosing; vet told me 500mg twice a day for outbreak. I cut back to 1/2 that for maintenance.