Where do you buy linens and such?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We desperately need new sheets. The elastic corners on the bottom sheets have stretched out. I did buy a set of sheets last spring and was so disappointed. We have a queen bed and those things would have fit a king with material left over. And they were so thin, it wasn't even funny.

I used to do a lot my shopping at JCP. But all the stores within a 60-mile radius have closed. Every single one.
I also did shopping at the outlets in Lancaster, PA, but many of those stores have closed, too. I suppose I could shop online.

Where do you buy nice sheets?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Where do you buy nice sheets?
Wherever they're on sale, lol. 😉 I usually go to Bed Bath & Beyond with a coupon. Sometimes they offer one for your entire purchase which really comes in handy. I'm not a big on-line shopper because I like to see, touch, feel things in person. It makes a big difference for me. Plus BBB is good about returns and they have a clearance section which I sometimes take advantage of as well.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Target used to have some really good sheets. I got a couple of sets of the Threshold brand when I moved here. Now, I have heard they have gone downhill in quality and increased in price---as everything.

BBB seems to have a good selection. Macys is always an option. Kohls, perhaps..

I get the cats towels from Walmart, Target-- ...

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
BBB. They have the full range from lower quality budget to higher end. I always stick with the midrange; I want something that will last but I don't want to pay a big price either. Often with the high-end things much of that cost is the name and 'bragging' rights.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
pretty much any place if they sell em can be home goods/ marshalls/ross to macys or nordstroms.gf has ocd so she likes to browse all things shopping unless it was fishing tackle or fishing related stuff :lol:speaking of which we need a new bathroom carpet that will be a trip to several of the stores i mentioned. until we find the carpet that meets her specs in color /style etc.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last sheets I bought were Laura Ashley sheets from Kohl's. I absolutely love them. They are soft and smooth and fit the bed well, although the top sheet must be for a king-size bed. I am very pleased with them.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to love the Threshold sheets from Target. I do look for a higher thread count. I've worn out a few sets of them in the same spot...by my feet. I don't know if that says more about my feet or the sheets; but I do love the smooth, cool feeling in the summer.

We also have Columbia sheets from Kohls for summer. In the winter I love the flannel sheets from Cuddle Duds (Kohls). Most of my new towels are also from kohls but I had great ones from Kmart of all places before. Like you; my oldest ones were all from JcPenny but I haven't shopped there in ages. That was my Grandma's favorite store.

QVC used to sell great sheets but I've also seen declining reviews from them. The Northern Nights sets were SO nice in winter before we upgraded to a bigger bed.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The Threshold sheets at Target are decent. I have a holiday sheet set from Pottery Barn that is really nice so you may want to look there. The Company Store is also a good place for all linens. A little on the pricey side but good quality stuff.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That last ones I bought was when we got the king bed some years ago. Went to JCP and they had some nice ones on sale and they were perfect. I liked them, so I went online and bought a second set.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only ones I have bought in the last several years have been the Northern Nights brand on QVC.They're 100% cotton,which I love and are heavyweight and wear like iron,and yes they are soft and cozy.I'll never buy any others.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Wherever I can find sheets I like and aren’t expensive. I prefer flannelette. KMart or Lincraft usually do, though I splurged on an on-sale set from Adairs last year because, well ...

View attachment 429792
It's hard to find pure cotton at Lincraft and Kmart and I really can't handle synthetic sheets. I just hit the sales when I can. But most of the shops we go to in Australia don't exist in the States. ;)

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Winchester Winchester do you have a price range in mind for linens? There's one general home living site I frequent that often does reviews of brands of linens I've never heard of before but they tend to be sort of luxury / expensive small high end brands.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks! I'll go to Kohl's and see what they have. We have a set of flannels from Northern Nights (QVC) and those things are really nice. I think we've had them almost ten years now and they're still in good shape. Our BBB closed down quite some time ago; I used to shop there quite a bit, using the coupons. I hesitate to buy online because I don't know what I'm going to get; I like to touch if I can.

A lot of the stores around here are selling "microfiber" sheets. I don't like them at all. They're really stretchy and they feel uncomfortable for me. And as we move around in bed, they stretch way too much.

LTS3 LTS3 I don't really have a price range in mind, but yet, I don't want to pay a small fortune. I guess I just need to go to Kohl's and see what they have. Hopefully, when they have one of their Friends and Family discounts.

Thank you, guys! You've helped me out!

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
You guys helped me out!! In a different way.. no sheets, but I went to the Kohl's website, saw they are having their annual lingerie sale--- picked up a couple of bras on sale! Hooray...

Winchester Winchester I know what you mean about the microfiber. I do not care for them either.. since I sleep hot, I cannot use flannel sheets. I have picked up a set of sheets on line, from Amazon, with good reviews.. I am not happy with them, but it was a purchase during Covid, when we were quarantined. These will eventually be the first set to get rid of...

I thought the Threshold at Target were really good. I think the quality has gone down. I have 2 sets of sheets from them. One is starting to wear-- yes, uneven toenail.. ugh.. When cleaning the litter box, in the bathtub, I kneel.. I always ruin, chip a toenail.. and do not realize it until it catches on the sheet... Yuck!!

I also go for a higher thread count.. more expensive, but worth it.