Where do the toys go?!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it just me, or do your cats somehow misplace toys never to be found again?!

It's so strange..I bought Trout 4 foam balls to play with..and about a week later they are all mysteriously gone!! What the heck does she do with them?

Do any of your babies lose toys like their going out of style?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YES!!

I get all sorts of fun toys for Harley, usually balls, cuz those are his favorite to chase around, but within 10 minutes they are all missing!

Except usually, they are all under the furniature and I have to dig them out so he can bat them under there again!

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
We have bought in total 7 little plastic balls. I didn't know where any of them had gone until I accidentally dropped Mark's mobile phone down the back of the cooker and we had to pull it out. We found 4 of them. They soon disappeared again so we pulled it out the other night and got 2 of them. I don't have any clue where the rest are because I have searched everywhere.
There's also a little mouse we used to have that seems to have vanished, I think whoever the cats see that we don't must take the toys

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought Zissou a squirrel stuffed animal with the catnip pouch thing. I have looked everywhere for it. It was gone the same day. I saw her come into my room with it in her mouth that night, and by morning it was never seen again. That was months ago. I'v even pulled the drawers out of my dresser. It is nowhere.
Also, when I cleaned the closet out, I moved my suitcase and a folding chair to find about five dozen bottlecaps. The metal ones from beer, lemonade, root beer, etc. I always knew she liked to play with them, but sheesh!! Then I moved the stove to clean behind it, and what do I find? About two dozen more! I threw them all out, but I'm sure the collection has started again...

Then again, the first week I had Zissou she disappeared like this herself... Nobody had opened the front door and I looked everywhere for her. And I mean everywhere, even places I didn't think she'd fit. I had to use the restroom after looking for her for half an hour (in a 650-sq-ft apt) and she just nonchalantly appeared on the bathroom rug like "What?" She was the size of my foot when this happened, 2 1/2 mos. (Shoe size 7 1/2 US or 5 1/2 UK)

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I kept losing them also so I got 2 containers to put them in so I can try to keep track. They are getting empty again

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by momof3rugratz

I kept losing them also so I got 2 containers to put them in so I can try to keep track. They are getting empty again
Aw,what a good idea, that's so cute!!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am working on putting there pictures in side the top. There is a oval for one but no clue how to get that shape for a picture.... I am not a picture program nut

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just know that once the movers come in and remove all the furniture, I'll find a million kitty toys...

Also, my rule with the 'free' toys, namely the water bottle caps, is that once I step on them, they take a trip to the garbage can... or my floor would be covered in those d*** things.

Amanda

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've often wondered the same thing. Maybe they hang out with the socks we never find?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd bet a fair bit that most if not all of the MIA toys in our house are under the stove. Any time we have occasion to pull it out, or remove the drawer, there is a treasure trove there. It may not be so jammed with stuff next time, though, as we now have a very effective barrier in the space at the front of the stove between the bottom of the drawer and the floor: the empty tube from a roll of wrapping paper is a perfect size.
However, there were probably a gazillion furry mice under there already, when Rob thought of that.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rosie and Sophies are usually under the guest bed, under the fridge, the welsh dresser and the sofa.

Once a month i'll go and sweep them all out and they both come running like they've just got brand new toys to play with!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Along with under stove, fridge, couches-check under the washer and dryer and dressers!!!

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I moved I found a bunch! Just today I was cleaning up the bedroom- something I do as little as possible. Next to my bed and under it were about 10 cat toys! I think they bring them to me as gifts
. I threw them all down the stairs, I'm curious how long it will take to get a collection going again. The free toys like the milk bottle rings, seem to dissapear quickly- pretty much as long as it takes to get a new one. Rocky loves those, he plays fetch with them. I'm sure they are under the stove and fridge.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by momof3rugratz

LOL and the scrunchy hair ties
My cats steal all my scrunchies....and they put them in their water dish! Anytime I see one on the floor I have to nab it and hide it!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh deffinately. Once I found a ton of mice behind some books on DH's bookself, in a box! Not a closed box, but still in a box! I also find a lot under the washer and the stove!