Where do I find a good Breeder?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Especially the RB - as they only come in one color
Do you only have one? We have Russian blue, black and white. The whites are stunning.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes US (CFA, ACFA, TICA) only accept the Russians in blue. I never heard of the black and white ones till recently. While they look similar I understand they don't have the silver tipping like the blues which is part of their trademark.

Since the RB's were bred to blue point siamese during WWII, there are sometimes "white" Russians born - those are throwbacks to the blue point. They look like RB's but in blue points. I know a RB breeder who got one in her litter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have seen Pics of them and was told CFA and TICA dosent accept them here. I love the Silver Tipping on my Russian Blue. I do love Siamese and Tonkinese look. My Sasha is nothing like her Mom. Sasha is scared of everyone accept us. Shadow the Mom is very friendly to everyone. Last time I saw Shadow it was in Nov.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I own a Sphynx, active outgoing cats & soo loving, sweet, and very social. They require some upkeep, frequent bathing & ear cleaning. Also buy at least one heated bed, they love them. Make sure the breeder scans hearts.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have the same taste in cats I guess, I also love Russian blues, any blue cat, I think the colour is so pretty & the ones I have met have been such loves.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sphynx are my first Choice. How are they when its hot? I do have A/C. I love my Russian Blue. My new Cat will be indoor only. I will look at the Siamese and Tonkinese too.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

Sphynx are my first Choice. How are they when its hot?
When it is hot, they are happy happy happy! That is why I suggested at least one heated bed, we have a couple. They are lovers all of all things heat, they don't tolerate cold very well. They eat a lot, since they do lose so much body heat due to their lack of coat. Kitty will need to eat more in colder house temps. vs. warmer house temps. They are fun cats. If you decide on a Sphynx, you have to post a billion pictures with the Sphynx and the blue, what a gorgeous combo!