Where did you learn all the things you know about cats?

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
At first, I relied on what my vet would tell me.

Then, when one of my cats suddenly had liver scarring at the age of 3, I started asking questions.

I started researching pet food.  Lots and lots and lots of Googling ensued.

I also learned quite a bit on various forums over the last 7-8 years.

Finally landed here at TCS. 

Good peeps here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

littlelion

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

At first, I relied on what my vet would tell me.

Then, when one of my cats suddenly had liver scarring at the age of 3, I started asking questions.

I started researching pet food.  Lots and lots and lots of Googling ensued.

I also learned quite a bit on various forums over the last 7-8 years.

Finally landed here at TCS. 

Good peeps here.
Yes everyone on the forum has been so helpful

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I learned most of it trial and error from owning cats.
Me too.  My poor cats.  
     I read books too when I took on responsibility for my first two 'girls', and the vet.  With Mouse, he's a good teacher but I also a challence and I used the internet more, and finally found TCS.   I have learned loads of different stuff here.  

my2cats67

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I only had one cat growing up she was fine till she got older no health problem. I have always had dog but living in apartments not many are dog friendly my ex took a couple of her moms kittens we lost one 2years later his sister is still with I have another cat from another littler princes and Tigger share the same mother she is from her second litter. He is from her third or fourth don't get me going on spading. I have had to learn a lot in his short 7 years at two he developed IBS. I had to get education on this for him and his life to help him I stumbled on this site I have learned so much thinking of going raw because grain free not cutting any more.

So I thank every one here for all the help and support I have gotten and Tigger Thanks You all to for helping his mom

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
When I adopted my first cat, I asked the shelter a lot of questions. I learned most here. I also read other websites and asked my vet other questions too.

But mostly, I learned from my cats. They taught me a lot

elizabeth1st

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
As kid, we always had pets. The first was a cocker spaniel that my parents brought from England to South America. Eventually we and the dog settled in Canada. My parents loved animals but the care matched the knowledge in society. No one worried too much about the environment or diet and consequently pet food wasn't analyzed to the degree both human and animal food are today.

I have had 2 sets of 2 cats. I took good care of the last 2, lived to 18 but I really didn't look at food or think about what I fed them. Just loved them.
Now my last 2 are pedigreed and I have read so much; books and Internet that sometimes I have been completely overwhelmed and confused. I feel like a new mother, older and trying to do everything perfectly. This website has been very helpful.

Sorry for taking up so much space, Susan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

littlelion

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
As kid, we always had pets. The first was a cocker spaniel that my parents brought from England to South America. Eventually we and the dog settled in Canada. My parents loved animals but the care matched the knowledge in society. No one worried too much about the environment or diet and consequently pet food wasn't analyzed to the degree both human and animal food are today.

I have had 2 sets of 2 cats. I took good care of the last 2, lived to 18 but I really didn't look at food or think about what I fed them. Just loved them.
Now my last 2 are pedigreed and I have read so much; books and Internet that sometimes I have been completely overwhelmed and confused. I feel like a new mother, older and trying to do everything perfectly. This website has been very helpful.

Sorry for taking up so much space, Susan
No worries!