Where did you get your cat?

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only have one cat currently, I fostered her as we didnt think she had long left to live (that was 2 years ago!!), and then I adopted her as we didnt want to move her on again. Previous cats have come from the streets, local rescues, and 2 had contacted rescues's and i was asked to help.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tiny was a stray, and Baby was a neighbor's neglected cat.

beturtlement

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Niko was found at a local, no-kill shelter. One of the shelter employees had found him hungry and crying on her lawn, just mebbe three months old, on the fourth of July. Originally, he was named Firecracker by them, but I felt it didn't suit him.

dolcetta46

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When we finally moved into a bigger flat this past summer, it was time for us to bring a kitty home. I had been looking about before we were ready, then one day this kitten on an internet notice somehow grabbed my attention. I really don't know why, he was, so as to say, not exactly the type I had always fancied, neither stocky, round built or ginger or blue grey in colour, but he meowed his silent meow loud and clear at me over the net, always louder as I kept seeing his notice for nearly 2 months. His former owner said he had difficulty finding a home, despite his loveable nature because his appearance was rather common and had a crooked tail. Well I was quite convinced he and I were destined to be united by then, so we made an hour trip to meet my Oliver, and immediately I knew my intuition was right!! I feel so flattered that he has chosen me in such an uncanny way!!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sadie's Mom

Sadie is from Lotospots Cattery, an Oci breader.
Awww, your Sadie is such a pretty girl.

My Sadie and her brother were free kitties from a home who had not spayed their mother...Tinkerbell.
I ofter wonder what happened to Tinkerbell.

tsorcus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've never got a cat from anywhere, they've always got me!

My late cat Dancer was dropped off at my house by her mother, who appeared out of the forest one night, decided we were nice people and went back to get her kitten. She left after one night (although she did come baclk a week or two later to check up on her!), the kitten stayed and the rest is history.

My present two are the offspring off the neighbouhood cat, who goes from house to house and won't stay with any one person (although we did spay her after the kittens) and decided I was the best person to help her bring her four kittens into the world. She literally came to me in labour and I comforted her as her first two kittens were born - my Oscar was the first to come out. She had the next two after I went to bed happily thinking that two were alright as I could manage to keep two...

courtney_ou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
both my kitties came from second chance animal shelter in norman. chloe was being fostered and patchy was at petsmart. i got chloe 3 yrs ago yesterday!!

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitty was a stray who was living in our back garden. I found out though that he came from next door and his name was Taz.

Maisie was brought to me by someone who`s mum didn`t want her anymore.

heatherita510

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my kitten was at a kill shelter in NYC. the woman i got her from adopts a bunch of kittens out of the shelter and then adopts them out to people. unfortunately, i'm not sure how clean her "rescue" is as my kitten had ringworm when i got her and i recommended she get all her cats tested/treated for ringworm and i'm pretty sure she didn't