Where did you get your cat(s)?

winwin

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Boots, 14 yrs, holstein, 5 pounds, neurotic kitten of a pair of barn kitties that we raised.
Boots is a rain man, but we love him, and he occasionally tries to reciprocate. I told Betty, my wife, that if we had to get rid of all our cats and keep only one, it would have to be Boots, because he is like a "special" child, he needs more. The others are such "good" cats, that anyone would want them, but poor Boots might have to go begging, but NOT while I am alive.

Grey, his color is his name, an 8 year old 12 pound stumpy Manx, that HAS to get right in the middle of whatever I am doing, reading, eating, or whatever. Bend down to tie a shoelace or pick up something and the thump you feel on your back is 4 grey paws, still armored, landing and digging in for the duration. As I stand, he migrates to my shoulder. He is a sweetie.

Tico, a foundling, holstein, 18 pounds, she looks like a bowling pin with a triple broad base, or a baloon filled with water when she sits. She is my garage cat and also likes to get in my face. When I work in my shop, I leave the outside door open so she can hunt outside and scoot back in to safety if anything threatens. I was scouting some deer hunting territory, and when I parked my truck, I heard some mewing, and looked all over and didn't find anything, and when I cam out of the woods a couple of hours later, I heard it again, and searched till I found her, SO tiny, hiding under a plantain leaf, and I HAD to bring her home. Whoever threw this precious diamond away suffered a loss greater than they will ever know, and she has given me FAR more than I could ever give her. All I gave her was life, but she has given me love, which is more precious than life. Her name comes from Tellico, the area where I found her, and we then shortened it to Tico, and that sometimes becomes Teek, and since she is a "little" girl, that becomes Miss Teek, or Feminine Mystique, she is cute, loveable, and priceless. If I could get my hands on whoever would throw away something so valuable, I wouldn't know whether to throttle them or hug them for giving her to me.

Sorry for being so long-winded, but don't get me started on my cats.

Leonard.

me-n-my guys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Leonard, you have to post some pics!
Tucker was a Wal-Mart orphan, a California boy. People would stand outside the store with boxes of kittens. I haven't seen that yet in Florida. My ex brought him home, surprise, surprise! Tucker looked at me with that little face, meowed & that was it.
Mini was a sheetmetal shop orphan- the maintenance guy had to get this kitten out of the attic over the office, she was meowing pretty loud. He brought this tiny little dirty kitten the size of a beanie baby to me, I almost started to cry, she was so little & precious, it was the day before my birthday, & she looked so much like Tucker..I was lucky enough to be able to bring her to work with me every day, (she needed to be bottle-fed) I work in a quiet area, & had a big box set up for her, with towels & a small box to sleep in, & a mini litterbox. The guys would come in & visit her. I think her Mom would have come back for her, but I feel better knowing she has a great life with us.

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Me-n-my guys

Leonard, you have to post some pics!
Tucker was a Wal-Mart orphan, a California boy. People would stand outside the store with boxes of kittens. I haven't seen that yet in Florida. My ex brought him home, surprise, surprise! Tucker looked at me with that little face, meowed & that was it.
We used to give our cat's kittens away at Wal-Mart... but that was in Oklahoma... now, my male cat is an "it!"