Where are you?

camcam

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My two 1 year old cats both brothers are missing and have been for 9 days now I've called for them and I've looked in all the places they love but yet there is no sign of them they are indoor/outdoor cats and they usually don't go far and always come inside to eat I find it weird that both of them are gone any tips on what I should do? They are not neutered but I was planning on it soon

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are almost definitely off looking for mates. Males can wander very far, and into dangerous circumstances, to find females in heat. When they return, please don't let them out again until they are neutered. It's for their own safety.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

camcam

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks I was keeping them both inside because we where finding a cheap vet to get them neutered but it's hard to keep them inside when they try to run out the door every chance they get

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are almost definitely off looking for mates. Males can wander very far, and into dangerous circumstances, to find females in heat. When they return, please don't let them out again until they are neutered. It's for their own safety.
Agreed. 
  Cats can smell other cats in heat from miles away.

(Humor)  I think your guys have gone out cruising for chicks. 

Definitely get them neutered as soon as your budget allows.  It will stop them from roaming and it will keep them from getting into trouble or getting hurt when they sneak away.

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you want to start searching:

Call cat rescues, Spca, pound any animal rescues/shelters.  Vet clinics as well, they will notify owners if they have your info, assuming they aren't micro chipped... post notices in nearby in stores, cafe's anywhere there is heavy traffic. 2 cats 9 days no sightings from neighbors? If you have a block watch person notify them they can reach email your neighbors informing everyone 
  Only you know when to really be alarmed. 

camcam

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Do you think a fox or raccoon could have to them? I found my duck today and it looks like a fox or raccoon got her maybe it got them? Or maybe it chased them off? :(

haleyds

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We once has a pair of male toms, and our gray boy would stay gone for months, yes months, at a time and come back completely unharmed. He lived to be 15 years old, his brother had health problems so he was more of a lard. I was little then and mom didn't believe in taking away their "manhood", silly woman.

I'm sure they will come home soon and I hope you can find someone to neuter them for a good price, check with your local rescues! It's important to get them neutered so they don't start to fight with each other too.

camcam

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for everyone's help you guys give me hope that they will come home fine :)