"Where are my keys???"

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't you hate that feeling of panic that strikes you when you realize you've can't find your keys? I had a little surprise today when I took my dogs to the dog park. Since it's literally attached to the back of my apartment, it's no big deal to take my dogs seperately and spend time training each of them, so I took them one at a time today. Lets just say I learned my lesson the first time around with Ranger!
While him and I were in the field training on his long lead, I had left his short leash and my treat/ball bag (which had my car/apartment keys in it) on one of the picnic tables nearby like a lot of other people do. Ranger and I were soo distracted with his training that I didn't notice the stelth white Labradoodle run off with not only the treat bag, but my attached car keys!
What a smart little buggar!!
When Ranger and I started walking back toward the table I panicked a little when i didn't see my keys! I walked from my apartment to the dog park, so even though I didn't need my car keys, I still needed my house key to get back into my apartment so I was defintiely concerned for a brief moment there. Thankfully my "freak out" was brief when I saw the klepto pup nearby making a meal out of the treats in the treat bag lol! The Labradoodle's owner realized what happened at the same time as I did and immediately ran over and gave me my treat bag & car keys back while Ranger made friends with the new dog and tried to herd him haha

Lesson learned; Never leave a treat bag with your house key unattended at the dog park, keep it cliped on your pants!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i left the house yesterday morning, started digging for the keys on my way to the car - they weren't there!

of course, that was because they were in my other hand

[my only excuse was i had a really bad migraine - a 8 on a pain scale of 1-10, 10 being the worst.]

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I lose my keys all the time. I have a designated selection of spots to look for them if they are in those places then I panic. With the Explorer having automatic locks I cant leave my keys in the car like I did with the cavalier. Once coming out of wal-mart I didnt put my keys in my back pocket and freaked out searching my purse thinking I left my keys in the locked car....haha I just put them in a different pocket in the purse. LOL

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad your keys turned up quickly...that is such a scary feeling. And I still can't get over the identity of the thief! That must be a first...the Labradoodle breed is generally known for their honesty and integrity.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad we have a keypad outside our garage door for that reason. If I go on a walk or go somewhere without my car, I can still get in without needing my keys. I also keep my keys in my car in the garage so I won't lose them in the house. lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

OMG, a Labradoodle stole your keys?
Originally Posted by nurseangel

I'm glad your keys turned up quickly...that is such a scary feeling. And I still can't get over the identity of the thief! That must be a first...the Labradoodle breed is generally known for their honesty and integrity.
This Labradoodle was definietly a goofy klepto! (I still want to laugh everytime I hear that mixes name "labradoodle" lol just sounds goofy!)
At least he didn't try to hide his newly found treasures though, he was laying out by the picnic table polishing off all of the treats in the bag and slobbering all over my keys
He was soo cute too; I wish I would have thought to take a picture, but I was more concerned about my keys at the time

Originally Posted by laureen227

i left the house yesterday morning, started digging for the keys on my way to the car - they weren't there!

of course, that was because they were in my other hand

[my only excuse was i had a really bad migraine - a 8 on a pain scale of 1-10, 10 being the worst.]
Aww hope your migraine got better!!
I constantly loose my cell phone and my keys

Originally Posted by 3CatsN1Dog

I lose my keys all the time. I have a designated selection of spots to look for them if they are in those places then I panic. With the Explorer having automatic locks I cant leave my keys in the car like I did with the cavalier. Once coming out of wal-mart I didnt put my keys in my back pocket and freaked out searching my purse thinking I left my keys in the locked car....haha I just put them in a different pocket in the purse. LOL
Haha I just had a good laugh at your expense about the pocket thing- totally something I would do!

Originally Posted by kara_leigh

I'm so glad we have a keypad outside our garage door for that reason. If I go on a walk or go somewhere without my car, I can still get in without needing my keys. I also keep my keys in my car in the garage so I won't lose them in the house. lol
My old house use to be like that! I miss the days of not having to take my keys with me if I want to walk the dogs lol.The apartment I'm in now really doesn't have a safe place for me to stash a spare key (door mats and wreaths are the first place most people look when they want to break in) so I really just have to keep my keys with me all of the time. In case of severe emergency though, my friend Abby (that lives in the same complex as me) and my boyfriend Jack and sister Kimmy all have copies. (I have learned from past experiences that I tend to lock myself out of things...ie...apartments and cars
)

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Aww hope your migraine got better!!
I constantly loose my cell phone and my keys
yes, it got better about 8pm-ish.
rarely lose the cell - it's either in my pants pocket, on the table next to me, or plugged into the charger [at night when i go to bed].
my parents have copies of my house & car keys. my sister also has a copy of my house key [she cleaned my house (paid her) for about a year], & so does my nephew since he's renting it. there's also a key hidden - well hidden, i have to climb onto something & undo stuff to access it. but since i moved i don't have anyone close to call in an emergency - don't know what i'll do if i lock myself out of the car! can't lock myself out of this house - i usually only lock the deadbolt & that requires a key from the outside to lock.