When your cat is picky, what's a good "sure-bet" wet food?

andrewweilin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I find that it's important to just whet their appetite. Whenever I come home with a bucket of KFC, my cats go INSANE. I swear there's catnip in KFC (Extra Crispy, of course) cause they'll start bouncing off the walls. But then I totally deny them any of my chicken and they eat up all their dry food. I dunno, works for me.

phillygal

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our new boy will be joining us tonight and I am very excited! I hope to get him started on one of the better foods; I will see how it goes. Since he was just neutered, he may not have much of an appetite right now. But since he is estimated to be about 9 months old, it is a good time to get him started on the "better stuff".

catlover603

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My two cats are finicky too, they love fancy feast, anything with tuna. I'll soon have to change Max's food to a feline intestinal diet formula, though. He suffers from constipation.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
It seems like each cat has his/her own taste. Two of mine will not touch pate of any kind. They will eat the pressed food that has been cut into cubes or strips, but only if it has gravy on it. The highest quality I've been able to get them to eat is Friskies Prime Filet, which has a texture more like real pieces of meat. Of course, they will only eat the beef or beef & salmon flavors. They turn their noses up at chicken, turkey, and most fish. Two of them (not the same two) love real tuna, but they only get little bits when I'm fixing it for myself.

I wasted a lot of money trying out different brands and flavors before I found something that would work. I haven't given the kittens anything different because I don't want to go through the hassle again.

They get wet food once a day and I free feed Taste of the Wild dry the rest of the time.