When will my pregnant cat go into labour?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Q queenlilly

I would leave her be for now, and bring her food, water, and litter box to her in your son's room.

There can be a break in labor and more kittens could come. But cats also tend to still appear pregnant and lumpy after giving birth because their uterus is stretched and needs to shrink - like us!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

queenlilly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Ok there was 5 two of them were hidden behind the curtain so she had one orange + 4 Grey... I moved her pet carrier in my son's room and when she seen it she grabbed one kitty and moved it in there then she got in and meowed at me like she wanted me to help get the rest and move them in the carrier. So I did. She's a good mommy except for the fact but she likes to lie on top of her kittens and squish them LOL I hope that's normal

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's okay as long as she has enough room in the carrier and the kittens can wiggle out from under her.

Glad you found the other kittens!

Is she still in your son's room, or have you moved her now?

queenlilly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am leaving her in my son's room until my husband gets off so he can put a door up in the laundry room and then I will move her to the laundry room. So right now his room is off-limits LOL he hates it! Haha but I moved her food water and her litter box to his room until later this evening

queenlilly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

They will be 3 weeks old tomorrow. Look how much they've grown it's so exciting. What I thought was 3 girls and 1 boy ended up being 3 boys and 1 Girl LOL we did lose one the day after they were born but I am so proud of my momma cat she is such a good Mama!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sweet!

Are you able to keep mom inside and away from intact males until the kittens have weaned? Mama can get pregnant any time now, even if she doesn't go into heat.