When will my kitty feel better?

gigilikescats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
For the past week my kitten (the vet said she is about 6 months) has been sneezing more then several times a day. Today we took her to the vet and the doctor gave her a antibiotic prescription .5 2x a day. She just started it. But how long do you think until she starts feeling better?

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

For the past week my kitten (the vet said she is about 6 months) has been sneezing more then several times a day. Today we took her to the vet and the doctor gave her a antibiotic prescription .5 2x a day. She just started it. But how long do you think until she starts feeling better?
A week to 10 days is the common length of time for a cat cold.  Make sure she keeps eating, and if her appetite starts to go try adding stinkier yummy foods to entice her.  If she develops eye symptoms she may need drops or eye cream too.  She will be fine in time :)

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It really depends on the cat.  Sometimes, they fell better in a few days, but other times it takes longer for them to start feeling better.  Even if she acts like she feels good, continue the full course of the medication until it's finished as prescribed by the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gigilikescats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I mean it's only been a two days and she sounds a lot better. I'm always cleaning out her eyes and nose and there never seems to be anything in her eyes just her nose. She's still very playful and eating and drinking normal. She loves her cat cookies.