When will my kitten's hair grow long?

soomboom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Persian kitten is a mix of imported Persian cat and a local persian cat. The seller showed me the parents ,both of them had thick fur and were very fluffy.
Till what time my kitten will have furs ?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I have a vague memory there is something like that.  Alth
My Persian kitten is a mix of imported Persian cat and a local persian cat. The seller showed me the parents ,both of them had thick fur and were very fluffy.
Till what time my kitten will have furs ?
It should be visible already, if he is longhaired or not.

The exact fur lengh can change somewhat later on, but  IF he is longhaired, is visible.   Also the color and pattern shall be visible by now.

I know you have difficulties to attach photos, but you can perhaps compare him yourself with other kittens and cats in your country.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

soomboom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know how does a longhair cat look likes. What is a long hair cat ?The Persians here don't match with my kitten at all, they say its fur will appear at the age of six months,what is your view
At present my kitten is 2.5 months old

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I don't know how does a longhair cat look likes. What is a long hair cat ?The Persians here don't match with my kitten at all, they say its fur will appear at the age of six months,what is your view
At present my kitten is 2.5 months old
Persians are long haired cats, so if you see a persian, you see a longhaired cat.

(There is a sibling race, the Exotic, who are essentially shorthaired Persians.  But they are seldom or never called for shorthaired Persians.)

If his fur is much shorter then the others Persians, you know something is suspect.   At least one of his parent  was mixed up with a shorthaired parent.

Is your kittens tail  bushy? - not only when he is afraid or want to play "Im scary" - but always.   If tail bushy, he is longhaired, even if his fur isnt very long....

Now, you shall not breed on him more cats, so it doenst matter much if he is longhaired, or even, if he is real persian.

Shorthaired cats are easier to groom.

Longhaired cats must be groomed.

False product would be a catastrophe if you wanted to become a serious breeder.  Or wanted to win Cat shows in the purebred Persian class...