When will he ever catch on? [For women]

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Ladies, make up your mind! If you don't want to talk about it, that's fine, but give us a clue as to when you mean it, and when you don't!
We can't make up our minds. We're women!

just1cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Woman need to stop using PMS as an excuse for the mood actions. Its BS.

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by just1cat

Whoa! *Runs and hides* My boyfriend once said that... ONCE.

I would comment on this further... but im actually shocked someone said this... Ill let someone else say something and ill back them up with a "ya! Take that!"

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol I'll say something

You do know that PMS has been medically proven, yes?
It's caused by an abrupt drop in iron and a spike in estrogen.
The Estrogen spike is responsible for most of the mood swings, the drop in blood iron, coupled with the cramps and back pain result in physical exaustion and crankiness.

In truth, it really shouldn't be called PMS though because it occurs a few days before a woman's period, but also during pregnancy and during perimenopause.

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

lol I'll say something

You do know that PMS has been medically proven, yes?
It's caused by an abrupt drop in iron and a spike in estrogen.
The Estrogen spike is responsible for most of the mood swings, the drop in blood iron, coupled with the cramps and back pain result in physical exaustion and crankiness.

In truth, it really shouldn't be called PMS though because it occurs a few days before a woman's period, but also during pregnancy and during perimenopause.
Ya! Take that! lol.

I’m still shocked someone said this. Its so old school. Men thinking their women are just being "female dogs" because...well because why? Why would a man think their women is just being mean to them for no reason and blaming it on something else... AND if you did think that... why are you with them?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All of that!! I can't believe someone said that either. All I can say is if you aren't a woman you can never understand the mood swings or the cravings. But, it is a medically proven "condition", it does exist, and you could at least recognize that...not just say were making up excuses

wildflower79

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hear ya! I tend to be a moody person, regardless if it's that time month or not.

I think it pretty obvious when I'm not in a good mood and yet for some reason that's when everyone decides to bother me the most. I just want to be alone sometimes and it always amazes me how people never seem to have a clue. I guess I just need to more direct but I hate to be rude and tell them to leave me alone.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to have PMS and moodiness. I am almost done with the change of life and I never experienced anything but hotflashes during this phase of my life. I never experience any moodiness in this phase of my life. I got real mellow and laid back.

I had an awful husband in my PMS years and he used to love to push buttons. Thus making my moods much worse.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in the early stages of perimenopause, I get all the goodies!
I cry at nothing, get nightsweats, moodswings and I still get to suffer monthly cramps and backaches.
I fact, my cramps are worse these days than they ever used to be.

I feel so, so blessed

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I couldn't possibly take offense at this statement since I can only feel bad for the lack of knowledge on behalf of anyone who could honestly say something so silly. Those folks should be forced to take large amounts of estrogen, then off the estrogen, then on again and see how their moods may vary. It might be a big surprise!

I had a hard time also with post-natal depression. Fortunately I have a wonderful husband who bore with me and was there to help me.

I'm still going through the night sweats and hot flashes, but no mood swings thank goodness.

I'd love to see some of those men who think this is all BS enjoy waking at 4 am covered in sweat, flushed bright red, feeling dizzy and light-headed and needing to go stand on a cold tile floor just to be able to breathe correctly.

These are not "mental" symptoms - they are very real and physical.

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have that on my myspace page! That is definately me and I have been like this for years. To whoever said it was BS (I am not searching through because that was such an ignorant thing to say that I am just not gonna do it), do you think we like the mood swings? I am so bad, and know it, that even when I tried different things that didn't work to alleviate the symptoms, I still drove people away. Now, I just tell people to get away.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You wouldn't be making such a statement, if you've ever suffered from PMS or any other female hormone-related problems..

Do you honestly believe that we enjoy any of it?? Or are using the problems just as an "excuse"??

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
soo, what we are being told here is,,hormons over rule the females brain?

i am in pain every day, so are alot of other people with medical issues. It no excuse for snapping at people, or for just being a pain.

males have hormons also, but for the most part we are expected to keep them under control.

so yea there lol

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

soo, what we are being told here is,,hormons over rule the females brain?

i am in pain every day, so are alot of other people with medical issues. It no excuse for snapping at people, or for just being a pain.

males have hormons also, but for the most part we are expected to keep them under control.

so yea there lol
Hormones also rule a man's brain when you consider where most men's brains are located.

Bruce, I cannot imagine you being a pain every day - boggles my mind!
Oh, sorry you said "IN" pain every day. Oops!

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[/quote]i am in pain every day, so are alot of other people with medical issues. It no excuse for snapping at people, or for just being a pain[/quote]

Wow, you must be a better man than me; I likewise am in pain everyday and I do snap at people.

As for mood swings---I went thru perimenopause for 12 years
and have been in menopause for 2 years, and there were times I thought I was actually insane.
Crying 3 or 4 times a day for no reason what-so-ever, raging for no reason--I couldn't even think straight. Sometimes I couldn't even form a sentence that made a lick of sense. (I'm better now
)

Seriously, if men had to endure the night sweats and hot flashes, the mood swings and cravings, the "I'm going crazy" feelings that hormones can bring on they wouldn't dismiss the problem so easily.

BTW, do these stinking hot flashes ever end?!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To be honest, I get pretty wicked cramps (ever since I got an IUD), but they don't cause me to get snappy...just to lay on the couch with a blanket up over my head. I'm a good girl about the pain part of PMS...but the mood swings just fly out and that is purely hormonal.