When will he ever catch on? [For women]

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by libby74

BTW, do these stinking hot flashes ever end?!
I'm going to be 62 later this year and I still get them. I've been on HRT for about 25 years and they kept the moods and flashes away but I decided about 2 months ago to try to stop taking the HRT and I'm getting horrible flashes and night sweats.

mistressotdark

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I too get some mood swings and I get bitchy with him..but...he gets mood swings more often then me...
just like yesterday I went to go say something to him and he blew up at me..
then later on he said I was the bitchy one..uh huh...
whatever...
well..tonight I don't plan on talking to him...

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to be 62 later this year and I still get them. I've been on HRT for about 25 years and they kept the moods and flashes away but I decided about 2 months ago to try to stop taking the HRT and I'm getting horrible flashes and night sweats.
Ugh! I thought it was just me. I was put on the pill for the perimenopause for about 7 years; it stopped helping so I quit taking it and haven't taken anything in the way of HRT. I fiugred I'd just tough it out

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get your hormone levels checked; especially your estrogen/progesterone levels, and it wouldn't hurt to get some free T-3 and T-4 tests done, either. Everything in life is much easier if your hormone levels are balanced! Good luck!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by libby74

Ugh! I thought it was just me. I was put on the pill for the perimenopause for about 7 years; it stopped helping so I quit taking it and haven't taken anything in the way of HRT. I fiugred I'd just tough it out
I don't understand why doctors prescribe estrogen for this! Most women are already estrogen-dominate when going through peri-menopause, and need more progesterone, not estrogen.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I don't understand why doctors prescribe estrogen for this! Most women are already estrogen-dominate when going through peri-menopause, and need more progesterone, not estrogen.
Since I have no ovaries and have had a complete and total hysterectomy, where does the estrogen come from then?

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Since I have no ovaries and have had a complete and total hysterectomy, where does the estrogen come from then?
Huh?

I was responding to libby74... I didn't realize she doesn't have ovaries; my apologies to her for missing that detail. I thought she was put on estrogen for peri-menopause as her post stated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I really don't have an answer to this, but my mother had a complete hysterectomy also and she has never had to take additional estrogen.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Huh?

I was responding to libby74... I didn't realize she doesn't have ovaries; my apologies to her for missing that detail. I thought she was put on estrogen for peri-menopause as her post stated.
Sorry, I misunderstood.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Quote:

Huh?

Not me, ladies; my ovaries are still in their original positions
I was, indeed, put on the pill for perimenopause and it worked for 7 years.