When was the last time you called someone by accident?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Those darn cellphones!

I rarely do it, but it looks like phone made a Facebook call to a fellow TCS member this morning. :eek: :lol3: It looks like it may have sent a recording as well. :cringe: Hope I was behaving. :lol3:

My husband used to regularly get "butt-dials" from one of his friends. :lol3:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't called anyone lately, but my SIL has a tendency to butt-dial me. One night I heard her munching down on potato chips for quite a while. She was talking the whole time; fortunately she didn't say anything about me!

I accidentally told my BIL that I loved him one night, thinking I was texting Rick. He texted me back and said, "Well, I love you, too!" The last person I text is automatically the next person I text with, until I change it. And I was half asleep and forgot to change it from my BIL to Rick. 
 I told one of my co-workers that, too, one time. It's embarrassing. Thankfully, everybody knows what a ditz I can be sometimes. 

I've texted with Rick, too, and have talked about my BIL; thankfully, it wasn't anything bad because it turns out I was texting my BIL!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of my old friends used to purse dial me ALL the time.  The worst was when she'd be leaving a club at 1am or somewhere around there.  I heard the click of her heels walking in to work a lot too.  I always got the call because I was #1 on her speed dial.  I knew when her boyfriend (now husband) replaced me because the calls stopped. 

One time; when it was just becoming the thing for everyone to have cell phones, she managed to hit her phone while in bed.  I think she may have knocked her purse over (we were in college at this time).  She said she woke up hearing this little voice calling her name "Karen!....  Kaaaaren!"  (No not our Karen. 
)  

I called someone on accident a month or two ago but I can't remember who now.  It only rang for a second or two but I was going "Noo noo noooo!" and hitting the red button the whole time! 

Every now and then the same guy mis-dials and calls my cell phone.  I think I have a generic voicemail greeting because the message always starts "Hey hotdawg... "  
  I have no idea who "Hotdog" is! 
  Whoever is calling is local but he sounds like a true dyed-in-the-wool country boy.  I can't place his accent but he sounds older than me.  It's not a deep south accent; but definitely country! 
  If it were a younger guy I'd start identifying myself as French fry or Cheeseburger or something. 

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I last dialed my sister, thank god. But I last butt texted my boss with obvious gibberish. [emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji] which I IMMEDIATELY apologized for!!! [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I have not dialed anyone that I can remember-the ringer is off-so I rarely dial anyone but I did dial someone on Facebook once. And I have gotten calls from my dad and other people lolol. of course I don't answer the phone unless someone says hey I am calling pick up..i hate yapping on the phone..I cant do two things at once..if I talk I cant do anything else-I have to focus on the conversation. Yet I can listen to music and type away here no problem!

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't remember ever calling someone by accident. If I have, it must be years ago by now.

Short story. Many years ago, a friend of mine suspected his BF was cheating on him.  One day, while driving, his cell phone rings.  He picks it up, and hears nothing except for some mumbling. Then, he realizes it's his BF, so he starts trying to yell into the phone that he's butt dialed him.  Of course, this isn't heard on the other side.  Suddenly, he realizes that what he's hearing is the BF and another guy. I shall refrain from getting specific; I'm sure you can all figure that out.

Needless to say, they broke up the next day. 

Anyway, my I started locking my phone more as a way to hopefully ensure that if someone gets my phone, they won't be able to get the info, or not easily.  Works for not making random calls too 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a code to open my phone incase it gets stolen. I've never called anybody by accident.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Anyway, my I started locking my phone more as a way to hopefully ensure that if someone gets my phone, they won't be able to get the info, or not easily.  Works for not making random calls too :lol3:
My husband constantly asks why I just throw my phone in my purse without locking it first. :anon:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My husband constantly asks why I just throw my phone in my purse without locking it first.
It took years of convincing from Tom to do this. I still think it's a bother at times but I guess it's better than someone finding my password list