When to euthanize....

robinathome

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Quiet, you in site is perfect and I love the saying from Dr. Suess its so so true.  I feel very lucky to have had Franny and I will check out those websites.  Time makes it all easier.  But there is always a little tear somewhere here.   I would really appreciate it if you looked at a thread called "I lost my cat 4 days ago".  Catconcern is struggling in a very bad way.  The more Catconcern writes the more I am hearing details of how things happened.  I believe after yesterdays post that the Vet did try to make life better for the situation.  Bringing a cat home with stitches and a collar is not a great idea when it is still very sick.  Anyway I hope you will share your thoughts with Catconcern.    Thanks again for your help and condolences for my Franny.  

angelinacat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to all of you who have had a loss, or are about to lose such a beloved family member.  My beloved Angelina was killed by a neighbor's pit bulldog (how I detest those), last November 30.  While, I have lost other beloved cats, yes some to dogs, this one has hit me hard, and while I am doing better, there is something about this one that has got me--I haven't figured out what yet..

Just know that I understand completely where you are.  {{{{{{{HUGGGSSSS TO ALL}}}}}}}}}}

robinathome

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
AngelinaCat....OMG...how horrific, thats the whole problem, how your beauty died.  Is the bulldog still around, that would be a big reminder every time you see it.  I am truly sorry for your loss.  We do have our favorites and I am sure this  makes it even harder.  Is the calico the one who died?  

angelinacat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello Robinathome:

I was going to send a PM to the person that wrote about 'you can see it in their eyes', but your post has given me the courage to post on the public side where all can see.  I have been many days writing this and crying while doing so, so here goes:

[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument></xml><![endif]

Your comments had an eerie effect on me.  I don’t know if you believe in otherworldly matters or not, but we do.  We have seen and experienced too much on our land. It is uncanny that you mention the cats’ eyes, that they ‘show you when they are ready to go’.

My darling Doll baby, Angelina—the Watcher of the Place—was killed by a neighbor’s pit-bulldog, a couple of days after we left on a two week vacation.

About six weeks BEFORE that event, she started presenting me with such a beautiful and calm expression I had never seen before.  She also always wanted to snuggle and be in my lap, but even more so than usual.  I wish I had taken a picture of her with this beautiful expression, but I didn’t.

The day we left, I called her to me and held her close, and told her to be a good girl and watch over the place.  I don’t know why I did that, I hadn’t really before, but maybe somewhere deep inside me I realized I wouldn’t be seeing her again.

I believe she sensed that a major catastrophe was about to occur, and she sacrificed herself to help alleviate

We did have a problem with the wiring outside the house—which could have burnt the house down--and Hubby talked a total idiot into how to jump the problem and temporarily solve the problem until we got home.

I still wonder how Hubby was able to conceal all this from me, while I was doing my volunteer work at Texas Seaport Museum during the day.  The poor man stayed in the motel room dealing with all of this every day.

It seems that Angelina kept her presence here.  She guided us to whom she thought were her god-children.  The boys are very loving and sweet. They both follow me around the yard—not Hubby particularly, though he loves them too. And one or both land on me about 4:00 AM to sleep and be held.

Yes, the girl pictured in my avatar photo is the one who was killed.  She was ten years old--at least, because she was an adult when she strayed up onto our porch.  And that is another eerie tale also.

[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles></xml><![endif][if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object><style>st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) }</style><![endif][if gte mso 10]><style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-parent:"";mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;mso-para-margin:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-ansi-language:#0400;mso-fareast-language:#0400;mso-bidi-language:#0400;}</style><![endif]

Last edited:

robinathome

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Again...it makes me sick...we don't understand why peoples pets attack.  And we are confronted each day with such horrific issues in our lives...over seas, here at home, and we still try to get through the day.  Some times I am very sad because I hate to say I loved Franny just a little more...than her brother, but here is her brother next to me right now. Life is a challenge every single day.  And every single day we get up to be part of it.  Your thoughts are very important here and we thank you for sharing.  This website has helped me get through the grief of losing Franny.  And this website is a place for all of us to share the beautiful life we have all had with such special little furry friends in our lives.....no matter how it turned out...good, bad, ugly we still got to have a very special relationship we would have never had.   Goodnight!   to all.