When they're not napping together...

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're chasing each other and smacking each other around...

I know what's coming...

It's on!

(You can barely see, but Genever's arm is right behind Dot's arm, smacking back.)

And then a minute or 2 later, they decided to play through the 'wall' of the cube.

And then shortly after that it was nap time again. Separately this time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, yeah they are fun to watch, whether they're going nuts or just lounging..

I still get worried that they're really fighting. Not the night I took these pics, it wasn't serious fighting, but sometimes fur does fly and they make such horrible noises. That's when I start clapping or stomping near them to startle them apart.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's so good to see Dorothy playing with G-cat!! They look so good!

sflacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Bub and CC are like that.Waiting to catch their victim unaware for an attack.
Genever is beautiful.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like they have a good time together

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
You know, they really do look like they enjoy each other's company. I think Genever is quite happy with her buddy. I'm so glad you took Dot in....and I think G-cat is, too.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great sequence shots! It's normal to hear a lot of noise sometimes when they Tumble. I always thought it was just a female trait, until Tolly. But Tolly was raised by two females, so maybe he just learned from them. Ootay
especially was always squealing during play. And of course you know about Jennie....heehee.

I am so happy for Dot and Genever.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I too think they're friends!
I mean just look at human sisters. They'll fight all the time but they still love each other. I adore your girls...

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, good old sibling spats.
They look like they have fun together for sure. Though I am starting to think that when I do get that second cat, maybe I'll go for a male...

ETA: Are you watching Squidbillies?
I love Adult Swim...

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! We're really glad we got Dorothy too. She's great. She's tough, but she's also soooo snuggly. A good complement to Genever who is mostly very cool and chilled out, and also very snuggly. Genever is a mommy's/daddy's girl, a lap cat and snuggles up to your belly in bed under the covers, while Dorothy is more independent and likes to pace and make biscuits and rub all over you and head butt your face over and over, wet nose to nose (sometimes wet nose to eye).

So, BF and I really have to stop worrying about actual fighting then? You all really think it's really just play? I'm paranoid and don't want anyone to get hurt to feelings to get hurt. Sometimes it really seems like Dorothy's bullying Genever. And then sometimes it seems all we see is Genever going after Dorothy. And when I do see clumps of fur, I pretty much see equal amounts of both colors.

However, no matter who starts it, Genever always flops down and does the submissive belly-up fighting. Dorothy never does. Does that mean anything? Anything to do with Genever grooming Dorothy but Dorothy never grooming Genever? Ah, heck, I'm thinking too hard about this. I'll just leave them at it.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
~Hello to you~

I love your new kitty... what a beauty, just like Genever

Ducky and Kiko are littermates... and they do this very thing, daily. They love to wrestle and scream and roll around. Then later, they are grooming each other, then sleeping together. You said that sometimes they finish and will sleep together? A kitty will not sleep with another kitty they dont trust. Laying with the belly up, many times is a sign of "bring it on I have all 4 paws ready to take you" lol
It sounds like your little girls are doing fine.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pam!!!! I haven't seen you on here for ages! Welcome back!
Here's a few nice pics for you since you prob didn't see the threads I posted:

MystikSpiral- yes, I was watching Squidbillies....

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, your girls are so cute together. They both are just gorgeous.

I will confess that when the fur starts flying around here, I do the stomp/separate thing, too. Anything short of that, though, and I let the boys wrassle.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you

Awww those pics are so sweet.... yea they love each other
Look at Dorothy's face getting her groom lol she's loving it. Genever is such a sweetie girl, too. Does Dot groom Gen, too?

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Funny you should ask! Nope, Genever grooms Dot's face and head, ONLY her head, never the rest of her. And Dot never grooms G-cat. Also, Genever grooms us, and Dorothy never does. Maybe Genever is just more into bathing than Dot is...