When Should Stores Put Christmas Items Out On Display???

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They start earlier each year, it seems. It's so dissapointing that it has become such a materialistic thing more and more. When I was growing up, Christmas stuff always came out on Thanksgiving day and I think that is plenty early! But that's just my humble opinion!

PS: I do shop for a few gifts before then because it's the only way I can do it. But it's the big to-do I think they should wait to push.

sylent rayne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just to put my 2 cents in... its all too commericalized. Bugs me to no end. Get back to the spirit of the holidays instead of seeing how much you can sell.

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I work for Walmart, I don't have much choice when we put up the Christmas stuff. We started getting our Christmas ornaments & knicknack stuff at the beginning of August. We actually hadn't received any Halloween things at that time yet. Since my store is so small, we don't have much space to hold the stuff until late fall...so we had to put it out. I really don't like having the stuff out yet...it's still hot outside & no one's in the Holiday mood yet. But surprisingly enough, people are buying it like crazy.

dragonlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I try to buy the x mas stuff I like as soon as I see it because whenever I have gone back everything is gone.

I have more Halloween stuff than xmas though. LOL

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was at Greenback Dollars, yesterday and the Halloween and Christmas stuff are on the same shelves. I got the cutest little figurine, for 69 cents - its a black kitty, wearing a tall, purple witches' hat.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
The "Lebkuchen" (Christmas gingerbread cookies) have been on sale here for a few weeks. That's way too early. I do my Christmas shopping in August, but I really think that the Christmas decorations shouldn't go up until after Thanksgiving (in the U.S.) or at least Halloween (elsewhere, provided it's celebrated). It ruins the Christmas spirit, because you've been seeing the stuff for so long that you've become oblivious by the time December rolls around.