When should my cat have her kittens?

catlover1990

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nouni loved it when i used to rub her tummy it was weird because it used to annoy her before, and after hours she gave birth. So, i guess its a sign of a cat close to labor

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mckynna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'd say it could be. Macy is now walking around with her butt in the air, like the way cats do when they're in heat. Hopefully it won't be too much longer!

mamabirdy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would say, going on what happened with Ginny I would say you haven't got much longer to go. Can I offer a word of advice, try not to touch the kittens too much once they are born or even spend too much time just looking at them. We've learned from that mistake. I moved them the once to remove the dirty towel and weigh them on the night they were born and then 24 hours later to weigh them again, and between the 5 of us in the house we would lie next to the birthing area and watch them several times during the 1st 30 hours, Ginny then moved them after 36 hours, it was so stressful when I realised she'd done that. So now only 1 of us goes behind the sofa, once a day now to look underneath the sofa and check that they are doing alright.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mckynna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hopefully she will decide to have them, in a acceptable place for us all, that way she or I won't feel the need to move them, lol.

I know not to bother her too much while she's with them... i will just check in every now & then.