When should I expect kittens?

quinnmcc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, this is a good idea also^. But then again, cats will give birth outside in the bushes in freezing cold temperatures. You wouldn't leave them all there to die, would you? No, so sometimes, you have no other way around it but to get the family to a safer place, even if that means a little stress on mama. I don't know about you, but I'd rather the mama stress a little bit while transferring her and her offspring to a warm safe place, than let the entire family die outside when I know I could've helped. It won't be the end of the world, just stay calm and collected and swiftly transfer her elsewhere without it being a hassle. She'll settle down eventually, just try to make the new location den-like.

Good luck :)

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, this is a good idea also^. But then again, cats will give birth outside in the bushes in freezing cold temperatures. You wouldn't leave them all there to die, would you? No, so sometimes, you have no other way around it but to get the family to a safer place, even if that means a little stress on mama. I don't know about you, but I'd rather the mama stress a little bit while transferring her and her offspring to a warm safe place, than let the entire family die outside when I know I could've helped. It won't be the end of the world, just stay calm and collected and swiftly transfer her elsewhere without it being a hassle. She'll settle down eventually, just try to make the new location den-like.

Good luck
Well yes, but that would be a completely different circumstance. I looked at the current one :) I wouldn't add any stress unless I really have to ^^

quinnmcc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well yes, but that would be a completely different circumstance. I looked at the current one :) I wouldn't add any stress unless I really have to ^^
Yes, I understand where you're coming from, and you are certainly right. But, cwalkup329 stated that she doesn't trust her FOUR year old with fragile, newborn kittens under his bed. I wouldn't either. Young children are curious, and would cause a lot more stress than relocating mama and her offspring would.

Last edited:

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

It's not much of an issue right now, I just worry. When they get bigger over the next couple of weeks though and start toddling around, I don't want them there. Any tips on how I can relocate the nest?
So, with this information, I would move them when they are a bit bigger and mom is a little more relaxed.