When it rains, it pours (good things)

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok guys, seems I need to learn to keep my big mouth shut, at least when it comes to prayers! I'm a firm believer in them...case in point, our bakery . I asked awhile back when I was praying that if our shoe store was going to go belly up, that God would provide something to pay the bills, or even something to just help keep the store afloat.......nobody knew this but me and Him....enter the bakery, which will be doing nicely enough in a couple of months to do what I asked!

Second case in point.....Most of you know that I am a pianist. What you don't know is that my dream is to go back to playing for a local Southern Gospel group like I did when I was a teenager. For various reasons, I haven't since we've been married, but about a year ago I started feeling the pull to go back to doing it. I've said for years that there is no way I would unless I knew the lives of the people that I sang with beforehand (long story)....but I've been praying that if that's what God wants me to do with my talent, to send me a group......Enter a group that I think the world of, they're great friends , and good people.....seems their pianist has quit, think she has two more dates with them.......and they asked me tonight if I'd be interested!

I want to tell them yes, 'cause I know what happened to me the last time I wasn't using my talent the way I needed to be, I almost lost my singing voice......but hub is going to kill me! I know that he's going to tell me that he needs me to help in the bakery more than I need to play, 'cause catering jobs and singing schedules run about the same times, Sat nights and Sunday afternoons......so those of you who know the worth of prayer, remember me these next few days, that I'd make the right decision!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That sounds like a really tough decision to make Cindy. Good luck with that.

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The power of prayer is amazing. You'll be in my thoughts the next few days Cindy. I am confident you will make the best decision for yourself.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

That sounds like a really tough decision to make Cindy. Good luck with that.
Lol, love the headscratcher Ryan! I think my biggest fear is that hub will tell me flat out "No, you can't", 'cause then there may be a war around here!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just remind him how much Christians love doughnuts! LOL!

If God wants you to do this, it will work out, including your dh. Talk to him about it, continue to pray, and pray for dh's support.

Awesome about the bakery. I will pray for you!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It looks like the die is cast for that since the times are similar. Maybe there's a compromise in there somewhere.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

It looks like the die is cast for that since the times are similar. Maybe there's a compromise in there somewhere.
Therein lies the biggest hurdle, Ryan. For the past 15 years, when we've catered something, I've been his righthand "man". I do almost all of the loading and unloading, I know just what he wants, and have a knack for making things look good on a table. I'm hoping that we can work the two schedules around each other, and still do both things, maybe have his sister to help him some, she has before...but unlike me, he has to tell her everything to do, when, where, how.....sigh.....

2rascalkitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Seems like a hard decision to make, but hopefully you both will come to a conclusion that will make both of you happy. It's such an inspiration to sing in a church, to touch those who share the same emotions. I'll be praying for you to make the right decision.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You know you are in my prayers, Cindy! You have such God given talent, and is music is such a big part of your ministry. i'm thrilled for you! God will lead you to make the best decision.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well me being the independent woman that i am, i say everyone needs some quality time in their lives, so i say go for it!.

I'd ask his sister like you say because she'll soon get the hang of it

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's a tough place to be in, Cindy! You will be in my thoughts!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys! I'm going to wait to talk to Charlie about it until tonight, or tomorrow night one, depending on what kind of mood he's in, ya know? Might go home, make him some coffee, cook supper, then discuss it with him. Like I said, I'm afraid not to.....'cause if this is where I'm needed, I'm gonna be in trouble if I don't do it.....fun, fun, fun!!!!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How wonderful for you! It is a shame not to be able to use a God given talent. He has been so good to you so far, now maybe He will send you someone that can take up your off time at the bakery. Maybe a retired caterer that just wants something to do a few hours a week. Thoughts and prayers to you, my dear.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Well me being the independent woman that i am, i say everyone needs some quality time in their lives, so i say go for it!.

I'd ask his sister like you say because she'll soon get the hang of it
I agree I think ultimately you will be much happier doing something you love to do & I think once your hubby realizes it - he will understand it will be good for him too!!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That's a tough one, Cindy, and a decision you'll definitely have to discuss with Charlie. Good luck, whatever you decide!