when it is not one... it is the other... Hope needs a vet tomorrow

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

I know what you mean about the meds, but really she'll only have to miss one dose.

Ask your vet if you can reduce the span to every six hours, (so gaining enough hours for that early morning dose) so you can work it out so she can get one right before you leave at 5 a.m.. Then another as soon as you get home, and another 6 hours later, and that should get her back on the every 8 hours regimen.
Yep, on the label it says every 6 to 8 hours...

what about the Metro? Is it better to give it before I leave (shorter spam for one dose), or after I come back (super long spam for one, shorter for the next)?

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh. Metronidizole. I hope it helps, though. for you, Hope AND the job interview.

Are there any TCSers in the area who could help out with the babies and the meds while you are gone??? Hint, hint, hint......

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What about the vet, can you board her there? It's only $8 per day at my vet. The TCSer is a great idea too.

If all else fails, missing one dose isn't that bad, it will take her a little longer to improve though. I hope the little princess feels better soon so mommy can relax!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KatKisses

What about the vet, can you board her there? It's only $8 per day at my vet. The TCSer is a great idea too.

If all else fails, missing one dose isn't that bad, it will take her a little longer to improve though. I hope the little princess feels better soon so mommy can relax!
I can't board, period. I am living about 5am, coming home around 10pm - that will make way more than a day. I also doubt that boarding in my area is $8. Regardless of the cost, I spent today $100 that I didn't have. I am unemployed. I do not have the money for that. Nothing, Nada. As it is, I am not even sure I have money to buy food for myself.
A company is flying me to Vegas for a job interview, but I still have to pay parking at the airport, food, taxi to get to the location for the interview and back to the airport, etc. This trip was not in my budget, and caught me by surprise. So did the vet situation. I need to prioritize here, and my priority was to take her to the vet. As it is to get a job, that is why I am going to Vegas. Thanks for the suggestion, but please, know that I am literally counting the dimes here.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Ugh. Metronidizole. I hope it helps, though. for you, Hope AND the job interview.

Are there any TCSers in the area who could help out with the babies and the meds while you are gone??? Hint, hint, hint......
hey that's a good idea, if there is anyone! I know I would do it if I was in Dallas!

Carolina, take a deep breath! It will be okay, it will. You have done all that is needed and all that can be done right now, for Hope.

The fact that she will have to go 17 hours between doses just can't be helped. That will be two missed doses. Unless you know a friendly tech willing to pop by mid day, it will just have to be what it is.

Hope will be okay, she'll just sleep the day away with no mama around needing to be entertained.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

The fact that she will have to go 17 hours between doses just can't be helped. That will be two missed doses. Unless you know a friendly tech willing to pop by mid day, it will just have to be what it is.
Thanks Gail... but by my calculations, she will miss one dose - the mid day one... I will give her early am dose before I go, and give her another one as soon as I come home... This is Amforol
The dose that will be really off will be the Metronidazole - that she will be off - I either need to give it earlier, before I leave, or late, after I arrive... I am inclined to give it when I arrive (she takes it at 4pm). But she will not miss it.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh what a stressful time for you Carolina. I really hope her appetite is closer to normal by tomorrow so you won't worry as much when you go on your trip.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

Oh what a stressful time for you Carolina. I really hope her appetite is closer to normal by tomorrow so you won't worry as much when you go on your trip.
It's ok... Bad timing, and awful that she is sick, but I think this is just her digestive system misbehaving about the dry food... Complaining about the junk I fed her for a little while (by-products and cheap canned) on the top of it...
So I shall be punished now
... She seems hungry, but not eating a lot. She is eating though, so she is doing better I think. By the end of the day I am pretty sure she will have eaten a 6oz can of food. Not enough, but not an extremely low amount...
I am excited about my job interview... The job is in LA - if I get it I will be moving back to the west coast... I don't get overly excited anymore though... Even though they found me, and seem to like me enough to fly me over to meet me in person... I just had too many nos over this last year to be overly excited about anything anymore...
We will see...

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope she feels better and you get the job.
Cleo is on metro also.
She started it yesterday.
If you get the job and come back to the west coast I will get to see you at the shows.

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get you on the $, I am in the same boat, I can't even afford scoopable litter at the moment - not if I want them to eat Nutro dry lol. I eat tv dinners while they enjoy Nutro

She should be ok missing just one dose, if a TCSer can't help you. Like someone else said, she may improve a lot by then. Many "get the job" vibes too:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

I hope she feels better and you get the job.
Cleo is on metro also.
She started it yesterday.
If you get the job and come back to the west coast I will get to see you at the shows.
Aww... I hope Cleo gets better soon! I trust Metro, for digestive stuff, IMO there is no better... This other drug I am not familiar with it though...
Yep, if I go back to the west coast I will be doing a lot of traveling around - I will make sure to meet you somewhere!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KatKisses

I get you on the $, I am in the same boat, I can't even afford scoopable litter at the moment - not if I want them to eat Nutro dry lol. I eat tv dinners while they enjoy Nutro

She should be ok missing just one dose, if a TCSer can't help you. Like someone else said, she may improve a lot by then. Many "get the job" vibes too:
yep, I think this month their budget was bigger then mine, if you count vet, and food... definitely
Thanks for the good wishes and Job vibes

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok... So I am glad to report that with a lot of effort she ate 1 full can of NB Venison and pea, and a 3oz can of Purina Proplan Naturals Turkey, making this a perfect day, as far as qty....
She did not have an appetite, and I had to chase her around with food, but she DID eat, and tonight she is playing again with Lucky and looks a whole lot better... The diarrhea hasn't returned yet since she started the medication... So I think we are making a BIG improvement here!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is good Carolina.
Cleo is on for digestive problems.
She was also put on Natural Balance Duck.
.I hope she likes it.
I never heard of the med they gave you for hope.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That is good Carolina.
Cleo is on for digestive problems.
She was also put on Natural Balance Duck.
.I hope she likes it.
I never heard of the med they gave you for hope.
Yeah.... He said it was probably a good thing for her to go back to NB Venison and pea, and for me to not worry about her being on one protein only... Leave her on it for a while, then start adding proteins slowly little by little. He actually said a Limited Ingredient Diet, or a sensitive/allergenic diet, but since she likes Venison and pea, and did well on it... We figured we go back to it.
She never liked the Duck... I guess that would be a safe choice to try to add to her diet later on...
Apparently this medicine he gave me is an antibiotic, but he said that what it does is coat the digestive tract, making her feel better... It gets rid of diarrhea, gas... She only needs to take as needed, so, not as an antibiotic...

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I hope Cleo likes the Duck otherwise I can get the chicken.
What does the vet think made hope sick?
He thinks she has a sensitive digestive system, like Cleo... but I really don't think so... Because she never had... I told him about feeding her some dry food when she was eating only wet, and that I was sure that this was what triggered the diarrhea, and he said it was not enough... Thinking back, I think he is right - I fed her probably 1TBSP almost 20 days ago... Not even 1/8cup...
Another possibility was that she went from one food, one protein - Venison and pea - to a variety of foods, all of the sudden.

So, he said that her sensitive digestive tract is not taking the variety well. For her it is better to be on a limited ingredients diet, and I don't need to worry about variety... That we are the ones who like variety, not them... They are ok without it...

So...... He thinks it was a mix of too much variety and a sensitive digestive system.