When is my cat going to give birth??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

athenathecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So she has a reddish orangish mucous coming out of her vagina and she is in her birthing box!! I'm super excited but I was wondering if that meant she would have them some time tonight or if it could still be up to a week? The mucous seems pretty thick and is not flowing out but is just kind of there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The discharge indicates she could go into labor and have her kittens very soon. There's no way to know for sure if it will be tonight or in a couple of days. Hang in there! [emoji]128077[/emoji]

athenathecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you I'm so exited !! I hope she has them tonight

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's fantastic! So it was last night after all!

Are all kittens nursing well? With six you may have a runt or two. Watch that they all are getting enough and are growing.

How's mama doing?

athenathecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are all nursing Like champs! Some are smaller than the others but the mom isn't neglecting them! Mama is doing great she got up ate and drank and is cleaning and feeding and cuddling all her babies! Any thing I should do to help mama in her recovery time?

athenathecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She actually had her babies about 30 min after the discharge started so it was quick!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Do you have kitten formula? A dish a day for mom will give her the extra calcium she needs for nursing.

Walmart sells the powdered cans of PetAg. Don't buy the pre-mixed.

athenathecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I have a few questions.

My 2nd cat Tanka is acting super weird since my other cat Athena gave birth.

Whenever I get home she is always meowing at me bloody murder she never EVER used to do that.

She and her sister used to be super super super close like they would lick each other close. Now when Athena (The one who had the kittens) comes near here she hisses and growls at her. She never wants to be near her. 

Also she is acting different with us she is sweet when I pet her but she kind of follows my hand as I'm petting as if she wants to bite me yet she is purring????

Does she have rabies is she in heat? Its been going on for 11 days.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she may be in heat. It also sounds like she is terribly jealous. She probably could use some extra attention, along with spaying. That would calm down her hormones and prevent pregnancy.

athenathecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can they be in heat for that long of over a week

athenathecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat Athena is currently weaning her kittens and her nipples and all around her nipples is very hard. Like ROCK hard. It feels like it is very painful for her is there anything I can put on it to help her relive this tension?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can apply a warm, damp compress to her nipples as often as she will allow.

If you think she's infected with mastitis, she would need antibiotics from the vet.

Can you post a picture?

athenathecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tanka is doing super great! She ran away for a little while because she and Athena weren't doing well. :( We had her spaying appointment set and when she came back she was pregnant! Athena is going to be spayed This weekend!I don't think that Athena has mastitis you cant tell how hard she is through a picture but it has gone down a lot today!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are fighting because they are boyh intact. Are you sure that Athena can't run away?