when is my cat due? i'm worried

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would go with kitten milk replacer like kmr by petag buf if you can't find some then goat milk will do

I am not sure that a question for stefanz or someone who knows but i don't think so

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thank you! If I get goat milk, do I have to dilute it?
Nay, usually its OK as it is.  Although, one of our forumites had to dilute it some, because the kittens got constipated.   this is btw a common trick, using kmr of any brand, and if the kittens get constipated.

Get raw milk if you can find it, but bottled (full fat)  or even powdered are OK.

Our experienced forumist Catwoman707 has a good tip re buying a good yet cheap  kmr.

Catwomans big all time favorite is normally this mentioned by MrWallace, made by PetAg, labelled for KMR, and in powder form.  The  disadvantage is its sold in big packs, and thus, its costly.     They also have ready made solution of the KMR.  These are not as reliable, so we dont recommend them as main choice.  But they are sold in small, cheapy bottles.

And thus, you can have home ONE such cheap bottle, so you have something to begin with, if you need something in the middle of the night...

Of course, a bottle of goat milk works too.   And if you dont need it for the cats, you can always drink up the goat milk yourself.     :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jam82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys. This is my update. My penny woke me up this morning. She's usually very quiet but she's been meowing non stop. She made me follow her to the box. She purrs really loud but every time I step away she comes out of the box, nips at my ankles gently and starts walking to the box. If I don't follow her she does it again and meows non stop. Her mucous plug broke. But she won't clean it. I know this sounds weird but it almost seems like she wants me to be next to her. She won't stay in the box unless I'm there. Is it possible that she wants me there? Could she be in labor?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hi guys. This is my update. My penny woke me up this morning. She's usually very quiet but she's been meowing non stop. She made me follow her to the box. She purrs really loud but every time I step away she comes out of the box, nips at my ankles gently and starts walking to the box. If I don't follow her she does it again and meows non stop. Her mucous plug broke. But she won't clean it. I know this sounds weird but it almost seems like she wants me to be next to her. She won't stay in the box unless I'm there. Is it possible that she wants me there? Could she be in labor?
Yes, its quite possible she wants your company in hers difficult moments, its common enough they want their Ma to be there.

She may even be in beginning of labor yes.  It could explain why she dont bother to clean up the mucus plug, she has more serious things to think about.

Good luck!

Last edited:

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It not weird, alot of cats want their owner with them so they can comfort them.

jam82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you... I'm so excited! :D

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How exciting!! Kittens! YAY!! I hope everything goes smoothly!! Please give Penny a cuddle for me and please post pics of the babies when you can. Sending vibes for a problem free delivery 

jam82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! I sure will

jam82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So far we have 2 black kittens and one black and white. I think this is her first litter. But she's doing really good. I can feel a couple of them moving inside. I'll post pics when she's done delivering

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So far we have 2 black kittens and one black and white. I think this is her first litter. But she's doing really good. I can feel a couple of them moving inside. I'll post pics when she's done delivering
she doesnt neeed to eat the last placentas.

Good luck!

jam82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I figured she wouldn't because they make her gag lol. I tried cutting the 3rd one away because she left it attached but then she took it away from me.

jam82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She had 5. Is she supposed to look big still?

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you think there more i suggest talking to a vet to see what they recommend. If you do call and they recommend bringing her in, bring thw kittens with too

Last edited: