When is it enough?

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Laurie, I read this after I PM'd you, and I am sorry it wasn't the other way round. I can;t imagine what it must be like to be either you or Gary - you are going through so much and yet you remain dane and thoughtful and caring of others, human and furry. I think we all admire you greatly, yet we can do nothing to help. Many, many thoughts are with you, and I only hope a solution will one day be found.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Laurie, after spending the short time with the two of you in New York recently, I can only say this:

He bears his pain with dignity that is reflective of who he is as a person and speaks well of his character.

You, were right there at his side (mindless of the curious eyes of the other customers at the restaurant on you) as you wiped his sweaty brow and gave him a drink of water after he stopped shaking. For you, it was no big deal. You wanted the monster pain gone and when the needle hit home, I saw the immediate relief on Gary's face and knew, that at least for a little while, he would escape the pain that has tormented him for so long.

My hat is off to you my friend for being his rock. For holding him, for offering him comfort and support even when he may not know you are near him. I know full well what it is like to see the man you love so much become debilitated by disease and pain. To not be able to do what he loves to do without suffering the consequences later. I only hope that when or if Mike becomes worse, I can hold myself together as well as you do and carry on with life, because that is after all, what life is now like.

I don't think either one of you in moments of clarity would ever see your glass as half-empty. Your glass will always be Half-Full!

milk maid

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It must be awefull to have to deal with this every day, you must be a strong and careing person
and vibes for you and Gary to keep up your strenth.

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
Laurie,

It's after 8 pm (CA time) and I'm just now reading through this thread, and I'm really grateful that you are so willing to reach out about your hurt - yes, when people we love hurt, we do too.

Give Gary hugs from me - I'm so sorry for the suffering, and since I'm a Fix-It Person, I wish that I had something to offer that would relieve the pain, but I don't.

I now have a better understanding of why you are so tender towards the members here that find themselves in difficult situations - it's because you walk that walk, too - I know this from personal experience in my contacts with you.

And You, well - I hope you can feel my arms around you because I'm giving you some huge hugs.

I hope you can let Gary know we are thinking about him, and will be praying that he will find solutions soon.

Both you and Gary are a blessing to many, Laurie!
Gloria

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm totally at a loss as to what to say, because words seem so useless in your situation. All I can do is wish you strength to get you through and for a miracle to make Gary's pain disappear.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Laurie, has he been tested for Lyme's Disease? There is a DVD out recently that is a real eye-opener. http://www.underourskin.com/ I ordered it and am in the process of watching it. Some of what Gary is going through is caused by this disease and they have these nibs (tiny microscopic ticks) that can actually bite you, feed on you and you don't know it for days afterwards. The strange thing about Lyme's is one bite from a tick can cause up to 129 different types of bacterial infections that can affect all parts of the body at different times. Might be worth something to order the DVD and watch it.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so, so sorry hun that Gary and you have to go throught this, you sound like wonderful people and living with this doesn't seem fair. My dh has chronic sinus problems and suffers with pain and feeling crap every day, nowhere near what Gary suffers but he has had mri scan, been to see consultants and doctors and nobody will help him and it makes you feel so low and as if nobody cares. I just want to send you hugs.xx
xx

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

TCS really DOES have big shoulders! I've written it myself to others... I'm just one of those people where it's so much easier for me to give than to take. But despite support from people who understand and don't judge me or the decisions Gary has made (especially Chris, which you've helped me more than you could ever know
), every once in a while I just need to put it out there. This is really hard sometimes. Well - all the time. But sometimes it's just too much, and I need hugs and encouragement. When my light burns dim, it needs some fuel, and I thank ALL of your from the deepest part of my soul, truly, for your support, your encouragement, your kind words, and for reigniting the hope ON WHICH I MUST FOCUS.

And that is what we must pull on. If hugs and encouragement is what helps you, then do that nasty 3 letter word and A-S-K.....

You and Gary both have touched so many people's lives, in more ways than you realise....from the kindness of your posts, the work you do with kitties, the way you stand up for your friends, the way you try to help others in any way, and I could go on.

There are many people here who care about you, love you, and owe you
Some return hugs that is. You're always the rock, but its ok to be the one who needs as well.

You must nurture yourself, take care of you my friend

I will and always am, here for you in anyway possible, cuz you've touched me in a way noone else has. You've truly found the key to unlocking what it takes to be a true friend and for that I am extremely greatful.

I am honored to call you my friend.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

MA, I honestly don't remember if he's been tested. I expect they did when he went through the infectious disease process trying to figure out the source of his crazy fevers, but you're right - he exhibits many of the symptoms. I'll call the center to ask, because I don't have those records with me.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the lymes sucks and being in nj seems so likely that you know someone with it(or a few ppl) My mom and I have it pretty bad and it just leads to other issues. sister and brother had but were treated for. all caught it in ocean county.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

And that is what we must pull on. If hugs and encouragement is what helps you, then do that nasty 3 letter word and A-S-K.....

You and Gary both have touched so many people's lives, in more ways than you realise....from the kindness of your posts, the work you do with kitties, the way you stand up for your friends, the way you try to help others in any way, and I could go on.

There are many people here who care about you, love you, and owe you
Some return hugs that is. You're always the rock, but its ok to be the one who needs as well.

You must nurture yourself, take care of you my friend

I will and always am, here for you in anyway possible, cuz you've touched me in a way noone else has. You've truly found the key to unlocking what it takes to be a true friend and for that I am extremely greatful.

I am honored to call you my friend.
I have to agree with Snake Lady and many others. You are awesome and any time you need an ear to listen and a shoulder to lean on, there are LOTS here willing to give that to you.
I'm so sorry Gary has to go through this....I don't know how I would cope if my hubby has had to endure what Gary has. That would be the hardest to go through.
You are always so positive and have been a cheering squad for many of us here. It's ok to let us give some support and love to you when YOU need it!