When I grow up I want to be........

pepper girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I always wanted to be a Speech Pathologist but getting the degree was harder than I expected so I gave up...
I wasn't sure what I wanted to do after that
In the back of my mind I always thought that I wouldn't mind being an Administrative Assistant/Executive Assistant. So I went back to school, completed that course and have been doing it ever since....it wasn't my "big" dream but I'm happy

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a wee little girl, I wanted to be a singer or be in a rock band. I *was* in a rock band, singing & playing keyboards, for 4 yrs in my early 20's. So that part was cool, but it didn't pay the bills.

I certainly never, ever dreamed about sitting in an office 8 to 5 each day in front of a computer, working in Sales. But, THAT pays the bills!

I never really yearned to have kids, so I guess that's why I only have one. However I did certainly plan on having LOTS of pets. I didn't dream of working with them, as a kid; I dreamt of having a house big enough to take in as many unwanted pets as possible. That dream came true!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom was a big career woman and she and my dad have been happily married for 26 years and have 3 kids, so I guess I've kind of always wanted it both ways!

I wanted to be everything from an astronaut to a veterinarian to an author when I was younger. Finally settled on music, and here we are!

lil_axl_gurl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always wanted to be a vet...until my mom told me what they did. Sorry I just can't bear the thought of one of my patients dying.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Shem

I depise people who just flush pet fish down the toilet because it's 'just a fish'.
My brother and his first wife had a Siamese Fighting Fish they named Guido. Guido was a bit of a loner. He didn't say much, and his facial expressions were unreadable. A low-key, inner-directed sort of fish.

When Guido died, it could honestly be said that no one had ever truly known him. But some sort of deep, unspoken bond must have formed nonetheless -- because my brother Noel carefully wrapped the deceased in Kleenex, placed him in a watch box, and buried him under a tree in my parent's backyard.

Then Noel came inside, ate two popsicles, and Elmer's-glued the sticks together into a cross.

"How do you know he was a Christian?" I asked him.

"Well," said my brother, "his name was Guido. Ya gotta figure."

So as the sun sank low in the suburban sky, my brother tapped the little cross into the ground over Guido's grave, bowed his head, and said:

"Here lies Guido, a damn fine fish. Amen."

shimmer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When I was a kid I wanted to be a veterinary nurse, and that lasted for a long time, lol. I also wanted to be a stable hand, or have my own horse riding school. I always thought I wanted kids when I grew up, I was going to have 2, a girl and a boy (thats different now too). And a husband who can do anything around the house (wishful thinking
).

But now I'm planning to open my own dog/cat shelter here in my town, but as well as a shelter, its going to be a place where peoples dogs and cats can stay when the owners go on holiday or something like that, I forget what you call them, lol.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was little, I used to want to be a vet more than anything, but after we put Sassy (siamese) to sleep, I decided I couldn't do it. Right now I've got my sights set on being an astronomer.. and I don't think that's going to change any time soon.