When I get home from work...

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Up until a few months ago,
I thought Alaska was its own island. How on earth did I pass High School thinking that??
Those history books made it really confusing making it look like an island.
You wanna know how I figured this one out?
My boyfriend was talking about someone driving to Alaska. I was like, "You can't drive there, is surrounded my water!!"
Stupid!!

I have this problem with my ankles. I think they are fat. They don't look like regular ankles. My legs are very muscular and the muscles go all the way down to my heel. I hate the way they look. I will not wear skirts or capris. Just pants. I know that my ankles will never change, but I am still very self-conscious about it.

I have no problem walking around my boyfriend naked. However, I can't dance for him with clothes on. I feel self-conscious.

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
emily_325 said:
-I have the inability to drag myself out of bed in time for my hair to dry naturally or to blow dry it. I go to work EVERY morning with wet/damp hair. My coworkers are always amazed if they see me outside of work with my hair actually fixed.

I have this problem too. Usually I still end up 8 minutes late.

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
1) I am obsessed with bleach. I beleive I mentioned that cleaning the kitten room top to bottom with bleach was the most cathartic experience in my life. I use my bleach cleaner every day, even if its only to clean a spot on the floor.
2) Despite my bleach obsession, I am not a very good housekeeper. I clean full-out about two hours a week.
3) I love to peel sunburns. My husband hates me for it, but its fun.
4) I sometimes suck my food. I've done it since I was a child. I drift off into space and just suck away. On anything. I think my mother weaned me too early.

5) When I got my braces off, my orthodontist said I had toungue thrust and wanted to send me to the spech pathologist, despite the fact that I speak more clearly and with less accent than anyone I've ever known (especially for living in the south).
6) Um, well, some of you may have read this, but I study human skeletal remains and intend on making it my life's work.
7) I practice the tango with my children daily, usually to Jack's Big Music Show.
8) Tonight, when DH and I went out to eat, there was a band on the patio. One of the members looked exactly like Patrick Sawyze. I went up to him and told him. He said he'd heard it a time or two, laughing. When I passed him later, he said "Should I do some Dirty Dancing?". I said no ( I think he was flirting.) Once they started playing, they asked for request. I requested "She's Like the Wind." (You know, Patrick Swayze's song from Dirty Dancing.) He was laughing so hard he couldn't play his harmonica. I guess you had to be there!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AnnasMom

1) I
8) Tonight, when DH and I went out to eat, there was a band on the patio. One of the members looked exactly like Patrick Sawyze. I went up to him and told him. He said he'd heard it a time or two, laughing. When I passed him later, he said "Should I do some Dirty Dancing?". I said no ( I think he was flirting.) Once they started playing, they asked for request. I requested "She's Like the Wind." (You know, Patrick Swayze's song from Dirty Dancing.) He was laughing so hard he couldn't play his harmonica. I guess you had to be there!
I thought I was the only one with a Patric Swayze thing lol!!! I've wanted to marry him since i was 3
. Lol, I wish i coulda been there for that
Lol, to this day, my sister still hates "Dirty Dancing" because everytime it was my turn to pick out a movie when i was younger, i always chose that one lol. You gotta love a hot man that can dance!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well you all have full-filled my need for funny stuff when I got off of work. I was rolling!

Nice to know all of these interesting things about you guys.

I'm so going to read these all over tomarrow and quote some, because I'm actually too lazy to do it right now.

You guys are halarious!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great idea Leah!

- I play make-believe a lot to motivate myself. For example, for housework I don't want to do, I pretend to be a Sim character from the game The Sims being directed to do housework. Or, if I'm having trouble motivating myself to do stuff for college (I study politics), I pretend to be a character on The West Wing (not one of the characters from the show - myself as a character).

- I am against cruelty to punctuation. It hurts me. I don't know how to explain it.

- I have long hair but it is nearly always tied up - sometimes I compromise and just tie it back - but I don't like the feeling of hair in my face when I'm doing something (which is most of the time). I even sleep with in a loose plait (braid) because it's so long that if I don't, either I or BF will end up lying on it and pulling it in our sleep.

- I asked BF for more ideas for my quirkiness, but he was no help. He says everything I do is quirky.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

- I am against cruelty to punctuation. It hurts me. I don't know how to explain it.
Oh I forgot that one! I am constantly proofreading things in public! I guess it might be because everyone at work has me proofread their reports! Not that I'm perfect myself or anything. I just notice these things.

Case in point, walking through the Peach Festival today I see a vendor who I have also seen at local craft fairs in the past with a sign up that says: We except checks.
It irritates me but I'm far to polite to point that out.