When Do Ragdoll Kitties Start To Show Traditional Traits?

apsara

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have. 4.5 months ragdoll. In my understanding, common traits include: following owner around the house, chill disposition, like being held, being a lap cat. I understand that these traits are not guaranteed, but I would like to know when ragdoll traits come out if they have those traits?

My kitty does the ragdoll limp when picked up, bit right now, he still just wants to play chase and wrestle the dog, or keep his space from us. Granted, there are 3 young children in my house who loves to pick him up, so he just might be avoiding too much attention? He is not following any of us around, or being close, or being a cuddle/lap cat. I wonder if this is his personality or if those traits don't show up until later?

Hellenww

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
At tha age he's like a 7 yr old. Right now it's normal for awake=play. Build a bond with him now by joining in the play. Most kitties start to settle some at 12mts and usually fully adult by 2yrs. If he's not already neutered that could calm him a little.

Rhall

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I used to have a rag doll. Ragdolls are not fully mature until about 2 years - full coat etc and the behaviour would be similar. I almost think the older they are the more mellow. Although my sister seems to have a rogue one - he didn't get the message he is suppose to be a friendly cat!