When calling into a call center....

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4BadCats

Caller:- It won't stop bleeping!! Its just won't stop!!!!
4BC:- Does it say anything on the screen?
Caller:- Yes - it says "Press 'ENTER'"
4BC:- Great - and have you tried pressing the 'ENTER' button?
Caller:- Erm.........okay then.......(there is a moments silence......then......)
MY GOD - That's amazing - it's stopped bleeping!!!!!!!!!

You gotta love 'em!!!!
that is like the press any key button confusion

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will say this. It takes a very special person to do computer tec support over the phone. You all should have your own patron saint.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am a Senior Rep, in the collections department of a major wireless provider. As such, I have nearly the same authority, as a supervisor. When a floor rep can't resolve the customer's issue, calls get transferred to me.

There is a very simple formula, for maintaining cellphone service: PAY YOUR BILL! Most of MY callers never even LOOK at their bills - they merely call in, when the phone gets shut off and try to play "Let's Make A Deal". Some people seem to think that paying $10-$20, now and then, will keep their service active. Your bill clearly shows a "balance due" and a "due date" - PAY IT.

Reps are not autonomous - we have to follow company policies and no matter WHAT sob story you spin, we HAVE to collect a payment and make arrangements, for the the balance (if you qualify). Don't threaten to go to another provider - THEY will expect you to pay for your service, too.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I will say this. It takes a very special person to do computer tec support over the phone. You all should have your own patron saint.
I do! I call them the Tekkie-God and Tekkie-Goddess.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I worked in a call center for directory assistance for 8 years. The one that really got me was the person who calls who is as dumb as a doornail, completely clueless, providing me with very little information, but they treated ME like I was an idiot if I wasn't able to find what they were looking for even though I went above and beyond what I should have to try and find it despite the lack of information and cooperation from the customer.

My favorite line from a customer was "You is stupid".

Right back at you.

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have to admit I have been known to lose my cool at various call centers.

Like the ones that are located in India now granted they speak English better than I speak their native language ( I'm not sure what that would be) but still I can't understand them and they don't understand me.

Or the collection agency that called me at 8:30am on a weekend day to get a message to someone who is my "neighbor", turns out it wasn't one of my neighbors.

Or the internet company that for 4 months told me my work DSL would be fixed in 48 hrs and refused to send a tech out to see if something was wrong at the site of installation. The only way it got fixed was by my asking the telephone repair guy who was at the office for something else to take a look at the connection. It was wrong and he fixed in about 30 seconds. Four months without DSL in a business setting!

Unfortunately it seems like the nicer I am to call service reps the less they pay attention to what I'm asking.

As far as tech support is concerned, if I knew how to fix something or even the correct computer geek terminology I probably wouldn't have to call so getting attitude or worst giggles doesn't help me keep my cool.

Most of my job does involve phone calls-usually from people who want to be actors and don't have a clue what that involves. They somehow think that calling a talent agent will magically open doors for them and make them a star, like we have magic wand or something. I try to be polite but I have been known to inform that I'm not Show Biz 411.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I love the Indian reps! I keep getting a phonecall from some credit card agency that keeps asking for "Mrs Harry". My last name is Hare....as in a large rabbit. I just keep telling him there is no "Mrs Harry" here. Maybe he will eventually get the message!