Wheezing Attack

superkitty1234

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there... hopefully someone can provide some insight.
Our cat is about 6 years old.

A couple of years ago he had bad problems with his teeth, and they were all removed (except for his fangs).
After that visit he has had recurring wheezing problems. I'm wondering if maybe it's some kind of bacteria infection in his lungs??

Well we've been going to the same vet, and it's a mixture of antibiotics, steroids and maybe some antihistamines (I'm working on getting a list of everything he's taken), but ultimately nothing is working. He seems to be more perky after these visits, but the issues still remain.
We've done blood work - all normal. X-rays (slight pneumonia, according to the vet).
A few vets have also said our cat has heart murmurs (or slight heart murmurs).

Any insight is appreciated on what has worked for you, or what this might be.
Link to 2 videos here: Super Kitty - Wheezing attack

Thanks in advance!

Mac and Cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Has the vet mentioned asthma at all? It sort of seems like the coughing my girl does when she has an asthma attack, but not exactly what she does. We now give her a puff of an inhaler twice a day (12 hours apart). We use the little kitty inhaler spacer by AeroKat. The inhalers are very expensive, so I order them from a Canadian company and can get a 4 month supply for about $144. It took some training, but she now mostly cooperates. Again, your kitty's coughing is slightly different than my girl, but that's what it reminds me of.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

superkitty1234

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for replying.

What is being used in the AeroKat?

Has the vet mentioned asthma at all? It sort of seems like the coughing my girl does when she has an asthma attack, but not exactly what she does. We now give her a puff of an inhaler twice a day (12 hours apart). We use the little kitty inhaler spacer by AeroKat. The inhalers are very expensive, so I order them from a Canadian company and can get a 4 month supply for about $144. It took some training, but she now mostly cooperates. Again, your kitty's coughing is slightly different than my girl, but that's what it reminds me of.

Mac and Cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for replying.

What is being used in the AeroKat?
There is nothing in AeroKat. AeroKat is a tool to help you use an inhaler with your cat. If you google it, you can see what it does. Otherwise it would be difficult to get a cat to use an inhaler.

backwoodsvet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I could not for some reason view your video's, but from what you said, I would try treating as if it was a asthma issue, sure wish I could have heard those video's, I too have a asthma cat, he is living a new life keeping his asthma under control, three tiny pills mixed into his wet food every morning.....Bestlifeforpets breathe easy for cats, 450 pills for about $45 Ebay......I been happy with this product and don't plan on changing anytime soon.................