Whats your nationality?

sfell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very mixed mixed up

Dad: Father from England, Mother is German/American - her family came over here from Germany and always married other German immigrants/offspring but I have been told that a little Pennsylvania Dutch snuck in. Also, the ones who came over from Germany lived very close the border of France and I have been told that a little bit of French snuck in too.

Mother: Very hard to say, there is some British and a little Native American from way back. The reason it's so hard to tell is because my mother's family has been here since the early colonial days. I would love to research that side because there is a lot of American history involved. Evidently, my Great (times 6 or 7) Grandfather was Paul Sevier, the first govenor of Tenessee. I'm also related to Shirley Temple by marriage, her husband is a distant cousin of my mother's.

ooshaunaoo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am 1/8 Polish, 1/8 Italian, and the other 6/8 is a mix of English, Irish, German, and I have no idea what else.

sammie5

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, Anne, I did not realize that you are a Sabarit. It's an odd thing, when I read everyone's posts here, I just imagine them all speaking English. It's odd to think that this may be a second language, and not a language of everyday business for everyone.

My dad is Scottish/English/Pennsylvania Dutch, with some a Mic Mac great grandmother. My mom is Ukrainian(or Polish) French Canadian and god knows what else. So we are typical Canadians.

eeva

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I guess I'm the boring one, I'm Finnish, and so is my family (well, my brother and sister are part Russian, and a lot of the family on my mother's side live in Sweden). And it's so true most people think that just about everyone here is blonde, which just isn't true, and it doesn't really go according to region anymore either, not really.

jenng

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I would be 1/2 Polish, 1/4 Italian and 1/4 Sicilian. - On my mom's side, her parents are both Polish, and on my dad's side, my grandma was Italian and grandpa was Sicilian. :tounge2: What's really good about my mix is both sides of my family cook really well!

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmmm...lets see...my ancestors on both sides are of Scottish origin- so that makes me Scottish-Canadian

My hubbys parents were German on his dads side and French on his moms. So I guess my kids are Scottish/German/French-Canadians?
:laughing:

patcatpet

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am an Aussie through and through, parents also born here as were maternal grandparents. Paternal Grandpa was Irish, Grandmother Norwegian.
patcatpet and two lilac (platinum) speyed Burmese girls just one year of age - Suu Kwi and Ma Chaw!

lucia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm a New Yorker
. My parents were both born in the US.My mother's parents emigrated from Poland as teenagers, both to live with extended family members. They met when they were both in someone else's wedding party. My father's parents and 3 of his siblings came over from Dalmatia (part of Croatia) in 1913, and settled in NYC where he was born. My mother and he met in NYC.

patcatpet

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Lucia,

When Tito was alive I visited Yugoslavia - I think Plytvitce (Sp??)[Croatia in the mountains] and the Dalmation Coast are two of the most beautiful places in the world!

patcatpet

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, looks like we have quite a mixing pot going here at TCS!!!!!!

lakeriedog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am a fourth generation German on my father's side. Mom was adopted, and we don't know the family history. She thinks French for some reason...I'm happy with American.

blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, i'm Canadian. my grandma came here from London, England (and i must say, there are certain words that i do pronounce brittish! especially, "always")

unfortunatley, i don't know too much of the history on my fathers side.