What's your love story?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maherwoman

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

I met Ian my freshman year of college. We lived in the same dorm, he lived across the hall. We both contend that when we met, we knew there was something out-of-the-ordinary about the other. We fell in love steadily throughout the year, refusing to admit it until the spring because it gets to a point where you just can't deny these things any longer. Of course, being as how we were 18, our story is not without drama. Here's the short version: At the beginning of the year, I turned Ian down because it was 'so like me' to always have a boyfrined. I wanted to spend my first year of college being single. So, Ian started dating my best friend and I started going out on no strings attached dates with various individuals. One of those individuals was using me to get some, which he was not going to get from me, and I found out, and so we broke it off. Well, Ian and I got to talking about the startingly large occurence of sleazy guys at college, we made a bet about something, he lost and so he had to take me out on a date.

He took me to an extremely fancy resturant down by where Oprah lives. It was so. much. fun. Of course, we were just going out as glorified friends because he had recently broken up with my best friend and to have something more would totally break the best friend code of conduct. At the end of the date he asked me if he could kiss me. I thought about Cheryl and how much I valued our friendship...and I kissed him.

Not only did I kiss him, but I continued to go on dates with him. And Cheryl continued to have this huge unrequited love for him. And Ian and I started to fall in love with each other. Without anyone knowing of course. I don't know why I did this. Love makes people do crazy things. I just thought I could stop it and I really wanted to protect Cheryl. Little did I know...I guess we all learn this kind of lesson, huh?

Well, this went on for a while, and eventually Ian and I cracked. This was in April. We spent a day on teh lakefront with our bikes and had a picnic and walked around Navy Pier drinking ridiculously expensive lemon shake-ups that I got for free because my dentist father seems to be relatively famous in this city. It was a dream. It was something tht came right out of a movie. We knew we had to let everyone know. Now, Cheryl hated us for a while and even moved out of our dorm room. But that was relatively short lived and, if anything, she and I are even closer now.

As far as Ian and I, we're still going strong. Talks of engagement are in the works. His mom even let slip to me that he has a ring. I love the kid more and more every single day of my life. We're been together ("unoffcially" as our first date was in November) for almost 2 years and we never run out of things to do, see, talk about, share with each other.

Here's a picture:
Aww...you guys are such a cute couple! What a cute story...yes, love makes you crazy.

maherwoman

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by boys mum

i used to work for a chemist,i used to deliver medication to old folk ect.and i was delivering to a neighbour of charlies,and i held the door open for him all i could see was the most sexy eyes (brown) he had his crash helmet on and all dressed in leather (shiver) and we just kept meeting up,took ages eventully we went out,we spoke for hours,and i found when i wasnt with him i missed him like crazy,i got a warm feeling in my chest when i thought of him (still do
) and eventully he moved in with me with his 2 cats LOL i had a dog (that was fun and we where at a wedding reception and I propsed to him
even got it in writing so he couldnt back out the next day saying he couldnt remember.
but we have been together 9 years and married 5 years,can spend 24/7 and still get on we do a lot of talking,and plenty of cuddles,love him to bits

and ill let u into a little secret hes 13 years younger than me,and i can tell u age difference dont count.
Very cute...

That's cute to get it in writing...

Congrats on the five years...and goin' strong it sounds like! That's how me and my Danny are...we spend as much time as we possibly can together, and we never run out of things to talk about.

maherwoman

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by alexa

My bf and I were introduced by a mutual friend 3 years ago. We were friends for about 6 months before we started dating, something I can highly recommend!!

After we'd been together for about a year, he walked in the door from work one day and blurted out "I love you".
We both knew how in love we felt, but he still took me by surprise

We have been living together for about a year now and I my heart still skips a beat every time I think about him and every time I wake up and he's there beside me
Awww...how sweet. It's nice to wake up with your love already there, isn't it? I've been with my love for almost two years now, and I hope I never get over that feeling of...aah, you're there every morning.

maherwoman

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

Where to start, I met my first hubby through a friend, I loved him from he minute I saw him, I was 16 when we got married, we were married for 34 years, had 3 daughters, he passed away in july 1995 he was just short of 50. I felt like my life was over, I just couldn't beleive I had been handed something so terrible at that time in my life, and it was the hardest thing anyone could go through.
But somehow you manage, you choose to move ahead the best way you can or fold up and fall apart, the latter may have been the easier choice, but I couldn't do that so I struggled to stay strong.
You just feel like your life is over, and that you can never be happy again, but 3 years later I met a very special person online.
This great person has saved me emotionally, he had been a batchlor for 12 years, in the Navy for 20 years, and we have been married for 8 yrs now, he retired from the navy with 25 yrs, he is a very bright person with more intergerty then anyone I have ever know, he's a wonderful provider, very kind and special in many many ways,
He came into my life when I felt the worst, I am almost 8 yrs older then him, and I told him I may be to old for you, and he replied to old for what. We have a nice life he would do anything in the world for me and I would for him, I do have to say it is not the same because it's not how I had my life planned, My oldest Daughter would always ask me are you Happy, and I always say I am as Happy as I can be. But I Love him, I am Thankful for him, and Thankful for my life. I feel very fournate to have had 2 wonderful men in my life.
Awww...I'm so sorry for your loss, but so happy for your gain, too! I was really happy to read a happy ending to your story...

maherwoman

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

My husband and I have been married for 2 years, 4 months, and 8 days. (I know the day count because he's been into telling me lately
) We met in March of 2001. He was friends with a friend of mine living in the base dorms. I didn't really see him for a few months after that. The he and our mutual friend became room mates off base in what is now our house. He's laid back like me so it took time to get to know eachother first.

In October of that year he was deployed and everything had just been getting good! But it turned out that his deployment was cut short. When he came back we started dating, November 13, 2001.

That next March he was deployed again. He came home June 7th. On September 7th we got engaged. Then the next June 7th we got married. The old roommate was in the wedding but as of now neither of us are friends with him.
Wow...is it hard being married to a military man? My dad is retired military, and I often wondered if it was hard for his wife to handle him being gone and such. What do you do when he's on leave?

maherwoman

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

I spent 4 years of my life with a man who was very kind and loving but we realised we weren't really in love and should never had been anything more than friends. So after some heartache, that's where we are. Just good friends.

Now I'm 27 and still waiting for my love story
Aww, I'm sorry to hear it, Hun. Hopefully soon you'll find your love.

charcoal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maherwoman

Wow...is it hard being married to a military man? My dad is retired military, and I often wondered if it was hard for his wife to handle him being gone and such. What do you do when he's on leave?
I know this wasn't directed at me but I thought I would answer.

Sometimes it is hard. It depends on the woman. For me being raised in the military I was used to my dad being gone all the time so when I married mine, I already knew what to expect. It was still hard but I was very independent so it made me more independent. Now he doesn't know what to do with me because I tend to do it all myself and drive him crazy.

When he is on leave, we go on a vacation to get away from it all. Trying to go this year to Disneyworld.

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband and I met in college my freshman year, his sophomore year. We met casually through mutual friends one day in the student center, and at first, I really didn't think much other than "Oh, he seems nice". Not love at first sight at all!
We re-met a couple weeks later at a party--it was my birthday, actually, and, uh, I was rather inebriated! We had a very long conversation, and the chemistry betweeen us was just palpable. I was dating someone else at the time, but that relationship was going nowhere fast, and I wasn't sure how to end it as the guy was much more attached to me than I was to him.
Long story short, I kissed Ian (now my husband) at that party, and it took about two weeks after that to gradually break up with the other guy--which was pretty much an absolute nightmare, he had a lot of problems to begin with and my breaking up with him was the final straw that actually led him to drop out of school for awhile--I felt horribly guilty at the time, but now realize the guy was way screwed up before I even got to him--though I hear he's now doing well--he eventually came back to school and I had to basically run the other way when I saw him coming.
Next, I saw Ian again in the student center the day after I had broken up with Other Guy, and not so subtlely let him know I was now a "free agent". We then went to watch a movie in a mutual friends dorm room, and then basically went back to my dorm room and made out shamelessly for many hours! Still, I figured it was just a rebound hookup sort of thing, didn't expect a relationship, but here we are nearly 7 years later, married!
It just naturally grew from one thing to the next, after a few months with him I think we both knew we were in it for good--though neither of us expected to be!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our love story is kinda funny…

Max and I both work in hospitals, and at one time were both working in gastroenterology. My boss visits both of our hospitals, so I would naturally need quite regularly to ring the gastro department at Maxâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s work to organise things for my boss.

The first time we spoke on the phone he cracked me up, and I thought he had a sexy voice. Then we continued to flirt for a couple of months and finally decided to meet. At that point we were emailing each other quite a lot, and learning about each other through our emails. (One of my first questions to him was what he thought of cats – cos, ya know, Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m not gonna see anyone who doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t worship them like I do!!)

The night we met it was very exciting. I made the date on a day when I had to go pick up my brother from the airport – you know, good excuse to leave if itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s going badly, leave him wanting more if itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s going well…

Well, we met up in a bar in the city – first time weâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]d ever laid eyes on each other – and it was basically love at first sight. We have been together ever since that day, we live together and have our cats and a puppy, and we celebrate our first anniversary this Friday.

He taught me how to trust and love again after I left my husband, and I adore him.

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
... so I'm heading home from work from here in July; hot day, hadn't rained in forever; rain came pouring down, left the streets slick. The sun came out. I'm sitting in the usual traffic to get onto I-75. I had to slam on my breaks in order to avoid hitting the gal in front of me; then I hear the tires sqealing --- look in my rearview --- and think, oh crud. BAM! I got rear ended!!! My first instinct (naturally... ) was ANGER.

SO I get out, all PMS-ing and not really wanting to hang around & file a police report; but here comes the cops! Guy who rear-ended me gets out; all I see are these muscular arms, nice eyes, and hey he is built pretty nice... and well his face looked familiar.... I said, "hope ya got insurance, the cop saw you hit me!" .... ... and he kept looking at me like he was trying to "place" me... seen me before?

... so we pull off and he tells me, I can paint your car, I'll fix anything for FREE, if you don't want to file a report. I told him I didn't feel like being here or waiting around or even talking to the cop, so yeah paint my car & fix everything. So we tell the cop to go away. Cop goes off without asking for anything.

So this fella says, you look familiar. "I know that hair" he says, and he asks if I used to work for this certain place. I said, yeah 5 yrs ago, you did too? So basically boom we remembered. We used to work for the same company... he was there 7 yrs, I was there almost 2 years; we BOTH got laid off right about the same time during a massive sweep. He used to build the machines, I was in the sales office, but among 500+ employees, we knew each other.

We talked fer a few, exchanged phone numbers, and went on our merry ways. Then a week later, he paints my car, shows me around his farm; the following weekend, we planned to go 4-wheeling and all sorts of fun & muddy things. We had a blast!!! What was supposed to be a few hours of "hanging out" turned into 24 hours of the best first-date I've ever had.

But no we do not live together; I own a monster house in the suburbs and he runs a farm & archery business 45 minutes south of me. He has given me a ring; but it is not an engagement ring; just a 'promise'. I want my engagement ring to be made from my grandma's diamonds she left me, so when *I* am ready (cuz he is totally ready), I'm giving him the 3 carats worth of 50 year old diamonds to have re-set into an engagement ring. I ain't ready for all that, but I have me a good man (finally, not one who is a drunk or has an anger problem or hates kids!)... so we are in some pretty serious talks. And dang it I LOVE his family... his mom, dad, stepmom, even all his buddies who shoot with him & their wives & kids... it's been great.

sweetseamus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A few years ago, after a relationship had ended that left me quite broken hearted, I decided I needed some time to myself and purposely removed myself from the dating scene. During that time a lot of things happened. I moved to a new city, started a new job, and basically began anew. Before I knew it, over a year had passed and I was in a good place, but still felt a void and knew it was time I started dating again. This was in 2004. For the heck of it, I decided to post on craigslist.org and see if anyone interesting responded. I had met my previous boyfriend via the internet so I figured, why not? To make a long story short, that's how I met my current boyfriend. It took a few dates before I really started to feel a spark, but I'm glad I gave it chance. He's a great guy and we've been going out for a year and a half. I can definitely see us having a future together although I think it may be a while before he gets around to popping the question.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I met my sweetie at the dam where everybody used to go on Sunday afternoons. He was there with a mutual friend. Our friend told him that I was just what he needed. We hung out for a couple of hours, went for a motorcycle ride, and had a nice afternoon. He told me before he left that he already knew I was the only one for him, that we would end up together. He is almost 5 years younger than me, and was only 16 at the time, so I did not take him seriously. I would have saved my self a lot of problems and heartache if I had just listened to him then intstead of waiting nearly 7 years. I am so glad he was still interested when I finally came to my senses. We have been happily unmarried for 20 years last Valentine's Day.

pandybear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'd just broken up with a guy, it was two months or more after the breakup and i was on the internet every night, i was a member of dating sites and there were a lot of interesting guys but none that had everything i wanted in a man and i'm picky

i wanted someone honest, romantic, loving, kind, goal orientated, adventerous, slightly sophistocated, intelligent, a little macho but still sensitive when it counted, handsome, outgoing, someone who loved his family, someone i could talk to about anything, who would love me completely...yes i'm a true romantic lol, also love my kits and who would not only be my partner and lover but best friend too.

everyone told me, 'you will never find a man with everything you want'

but i proved them wrong, one night after i'd given up on dating sites i decided to chat in an msn chatroom, i picked an aussie room called honden vs ford because i love cars.

i was only chatting for ten minutes when a guy who called himself revhead307 pm'd me, we chatted for a while and i checked out his profile, he was muscular, cute and liked a lot of the same things as me, we soon found out that he only lived 40 minutes away and that we had gone to the same highschool, we also discovered that we both had secret crushes on each other at school but were both way too shy to say anything.

we swapped numbers and email addresses and the next night he called me, we ended up talking for around three hours or more and it was like i'd known him forever, we had so much to talk about and there wasn't one uncomfortable silence.

he asked me if he could meet me and take me out somehwere and i said yes

the next night i waited nervously until at 7pm on the dot both mum and i heard the roar of a V8 pulling into our drive, mum shot me a worried glance but i couldn't stop smiling.

when i opened the door i reconised him instantly but he wasn't the skinny little boy i knew from highschool anymore
, he introduced himself to my family and we left for our date.

first we went to a nice tavern and played a few games of pool while drinking beer, another thing we both loved
i was worried that once i met him i wouldn't know what to say because usually i'm extremely shy but we never stopped talking, joking and laughing together, he was very extroverted and that helped too. next we went to the cinema and watched the scorpion king, neither of us watched the movie and it took us over an hour to even hold hands but when we did it was so amazing, then we kissed

after the movie we went and had dinner and then drove to the beach where we sat and talked on the sand for four hours or more, i know i fell in love with him very quickly.

he dropped me home and surprised me that Sunday by picking me up for another date. he took me 4x4ing along the beach and the car broke down, it didn't matter though because we just hugged on the beach until the RAC arrived.

that afternoon he took me back to his place and he cooked me dinner by candlelight and sand stairway to heaven while playing it on his guitar
it was the most amazing night ever, we then watched legally blonde and he drove me home.

about five months later we were at his place and he got down on one knee and proposed, six months later we married and had an awesome two week honeymoon in Exmouth.

even today after being married for over two years we still have that spark that you get when you first meet someone and he is everything i wanted in a guy only more

sorry that was so long

felicia