Whats your home decorating style?

pandybear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i can't express my style too much at the moment because we are renting, both my husband and i love the nordic medievil style, lots of stone and wood, open fireplaces with fur rugs, candles and a big four poster bed, when we build our own place we are going to build it in that style with a stone spa, it's going to be beautiful.

hopefully we can keep the medievil style throughout...except for the dungeon that is

at the moment we express it with fur throws, candles and very warm shades like brown and cream, it will be good when we can do more though, i'm especially looking forward to it because we will do a lot of it ourselves, my husband is building the spa which will be awsome and save money.

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with Olly, is cat hair a decor??? lol. Well, my kitchen is decorated with the whole winery theme. Very warm and simple. My living room and bedroom are rich reds and yellow golds. I love old trunks and the whole exotic bohemian flairs. Kind of a Pier One look. I love it. My bedding is reds and deep chocolate browns, marigolds, and some sage green, with rich red sheets with a satin striping.

The bathroom is two shades of purple (lilac and dark prpl), and white. I have pretty little potted purple flowers in there too....oh, and the evil scale happens to reside in there also, ugh!

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pombina

Susan do the cats slide across the floor when we are chasin each other? I can picture it now
I can't answer for her, but mine sure do at my house!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pombina

Susan do the cats slide across the floor when we are chasin each other? I can picture it now
All the time!, and you should hear the noise from them as well

Rosie looks like something from a Tom and Jerry cartoon when you see the cats legs going round and round before she finally gets a grip to run properly

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I rent too, so I can't express my full decorating style!

The decor in my house is great though (mostly!
) The lounge and landing are blue and most of the furniture is from Ikea. The kitchen and vestibule are yellow and the downstairs loo is lavendar blue (my choice!)

The bathroom is dark blue and the bedrooms; one is blue and yellow with red curtains and blue carpet and mine is red and white with navy curtains and blue carpet!
My studio is purple with purple carpet!

Once I've finished the cleaning and tidying, I'll take some pics!!

It's a very colourful house, which I love! It really makes a change from all the magnolia new builds I've lived in before!

My room at my parents' house began life as a magnolia minimalist room (with the addition of kitties, this has suddenly gone pretty much down hill!
) My ensuit there is white with laminate style lino and a pale turquoise tile stripe on the wall!