What's your favorite way to make coffee at home?

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Auto drip is the daily go to; it's easy and fast even with grinding beans fresh, but not our favorite.

We really like using a Moka pot to make Cuban style coffee. It requires some babysitting which I'm not up for first thing in the morning.

The other method is the Nespresso which is super fast. I use it more for iced coffees, though.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We have a Ninja Beverage system thingie. It’s a drip pot, but we still make it a cup at a time. Rick makes his iced flavored coffee, then sets it up for my hot plain black coffee. When it’s my day, I make mine first, then do his.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Bunn drip coffee maker. Bunn is the brand used by a lot of coffee shops and restaurants.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Pour over brewer - I've been making coffee that way for as long as I can remember with freshly ground beans and still love it.
Absolutely! I don't even own another kind of coffeemaker. I use Chemex with the If You Care filters from Whole Foods as they do not have any chemicals in them.

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My husband either uses a Kalita or Chemex (pour overs). He used to use a Aeropress one in a while but got rid of it. He grinds his beans for each serving. To be fair, he's a coffee snob.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use a drip coffee maker for my normal coffee. I occasionally use a Moka pot, Nespresso espresso machine or a Nespresso Virtuo machine for a treat, I add a little flavored syrup and foamed milk to the coffee that I make in one of those ways.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a French press, and it's perfect for just me. I did get a drip coffee maker this summer which I'll probably pull out for guests.

I usually just use regular coffee grounds rather than the extra coarse ones, but my SIL got my French press ground beans for Christmas so I'll open them when I'm done with the coffee I already have.

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've got a Keurig that I use with refillable/reusable pods. It's got a pretty decent-sized reservoir so I can get through most of the day before refilling (I drink a lot of coffee).

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We use a very simple drip pot that we've had for years.Hubby makes the coffee...he's so much better at it than I am.We also have a keurig that the kids gave us for Christmas last year and I have all kinds of flavored pods,even for hot tea,and I'm just not a fan.