What's your favorite kitchen appliance?

jdpesz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

I want a Black & Decker jar and bottle opener. With one of those, I won't need a man for ANYTHING.
We use one of those rubber tourniquets they have at the hospitals. You'd be suprised how well it works. The secret is friction, not strength.

We got a deep fryer about a year ago which is pretty cool.

Does my turkey fryer count? I love doing turkey in that thing!!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not really an appliance but I would be lost without my Tupperware kitchen scissors. They are the BEST!

As for appliance, I would have to say the kettle. It is always in a state of just-about-to-be-boiled, boiling, or just-has-been-boiled at our place. We love our cuppas!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Wenzee

I'm talking small/countertop appliances, so fridge, oven, dishwasher and microwave don't count.

I adore my KitchenAid mixer. Now that I'm BIG into cooking and baking again, it's getting a lot of use and I do not know HOW I lived without it (have only had it for a year)! It's even yellow to match my kitchen colors!

How 'bout you?
I love my deep fryer.
I don't use it that often, but it's awesome for restaurant style Chinese chicken balls and better-than-restaurant chicken wings.

ellen55

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My favorite is my hand held mixer. I really get a lot of use out of it and there is little clean up afterwards.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd third the breadmaker if I had one!! Mum did and I loved that to bits. Almost literally. I think it would have to be the stacking steamer. That thing is a godsend!