What's your favorite chinese food?

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a big fan of chinese food but have only tried a few things. I get take-out a lot and would love to try something new, but they don't have food descriptions on the menus and I don't want to waste my money (or my stomach contents) on something I'm not gonna like.
I am asking you all to tell me what your favorite chinese meal is and what the ingredients are.
I'll go first.
I love General TSO's Chicken. Its breaded chicken pieces cooked in a tangy, spicy red sauce with scallions & broccoi spears, served over rice. Not a whole lot of ingredients, but its good.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My stand-bys are Beef and Broccoli, and for a more spicy flavor, Mongolian Beef. For soup, I go for Hot & Sour Soup every time. Every time i try a new palce, I order the Mongolian Beef... if it ain't hot enough, I don't order from them again!

I usually get Lo Mein with that. A typical order is soup, lo mein, and one of the two beef dishes.

Man... now i don't want the KFC reheating in my oven... I want Chinese food!!
Amanda

agent_haun

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lemon chicken, sweet and sour chicken, and orange chicken.

(I like chicken, can't you tell)
These are just a few, I have tons of favorite Chinese-oriental dishes.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
General Tso's too!!
Plus sweet and sour chicken/shrip/pork.
Anything with "teriyaki"
Sesame chicken
crab rangoons
This is making me hungry!!!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a tendency to always order the same thing.
At Chinese places, its always Vegetable Fried Rice. What with the picky-vegetarian thing, I often find myself out of options...

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love Hot and Sour Soup and Wonton Soup. If you can find it, Sizzling Rice soup is outstanding also.

Love Crab Rangoons and Spring Rolls for appetizers.

For main course, I like a lot of different things: Moo Shu Pork (thinly sliced pork and veggies that you wrap in a crepe), Triple Delight (usually chicken, beef and shrimp with veggies), Moo Goo Gai Pan (chicken with veggies), Pepper Beef or Pepper Pork (meat with green peppers, onions and other veggies with a lot of pepper in it), mixed Fried Rice (a little of everything thrown into fried rice), Shrimp in Lobster sauce (shrimp with some veggies in an interesting sauce)

wuv_my_kitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I cant go past San Choy Bow... its a rice and vegie mixture, almost like a risotto, placed in a crisp lettuce leaf and topped with a beefy sauce.

MMMMMM yummo..

Also love beef & black bean, sweet and sour chicken/pork, and anything satay

I love chinese food..

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love shrimp egg foo young, especially putting the gravy on rice. Shrimp egg rolls, shrimp chop suey, pretty much shrimp anything. Egg drop soup too...

emma's friend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ORANGE FLAVORED CHICKEN (or BEEF): it clears my sinuses every time.
I love it!

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
orange chicken, beef&broccoli with fried rice, eggrolls, chow mein, lo mein, shrimp anything, tamarind fish (i think that may be thai), and about 70 million other things.
I love chinese food (i love asian cuisine in general).

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My absolute fave is sweet and sour chicken balls, sweet and sour pork, chicken chow mein, and chicken fried rice as well as ginger beef. mmmmm

zoe'n'misskitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ooooo, I LOVE Chinese food! Asian food in general is great, but Chinese is the best, IMHO.
My favorite is General Tso's Chicken, with Lo Mein and a soy sauce-drenched egg roll.

Orange Chicken is delicious, too, but I can never find it on a buffet.
And you HAVE to eat it with chop sticks. hehe

I can eat quicker and neater with the sticks than most people can with a fork.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooooh, I love Chinese food! I have quite a few favorites, we usually have it once a week. I love General Tso's Shrimp, Sesame Shrimp, Shrimp Lo Mein, Shrimp Fried Rice/Vegetable Fried Rice, Mi-fun, Vegetable Egg Rolls, Shrimp and Broccoli, just to name a few!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisalee

Ooooh, I love Chinese food! I have quite a few favorites, we usually have it once a week. I love General Tso's Shrimp, Sesame Shrimp, Shrimp Lo Mein, Shrimp Fried Rice/Vegetable Fried Rice, Mi-fun, Vegetable Egg Rolls, Shrimp and Broccoli, just to name a few!
Have you ever seen Forrest Gump? Remember them talking about the Bubba Gump Shrimp company? This reminded me of that. Call me crazy, but I think your addicted to shrimp!

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Taurus77

Have you ever seen Forrest Gump? Remember them talking about the Bubba Gump Shrimp company? This reminded me of that. Call me crazy, but I think your addicted to shrimp!
Your right! Well ya see, I don't have many options since I don't eat beef or chicken. I'm lucky I love shrimp so much!