What's your favorite canned food?

charmed854

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
West Leisenring Pa, about 40 min from pittsburgh
I feed mine, either, Iams, sience diet or fancy feast, in either chicken, beef, turkey or liver, I try to stay away from the fish flavors, our vet said there too high in phos, ash, and mag, And I never knew that before, and my late casper, suffered from UTI and crystals, So with having a new male kitty im not taking any chances,

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't have time to read all the replies, so this may have already been addressed, sorry if it has! But Marlee seems to only like the pates. I buy the Nutro pates when I buy her wet food, and she seems to love them!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Minerva

Erm...I hate to contradict you
, but I live in the southern German area, too, and here they also sell that shah stuff...which my cats love, by the way!
Ok, they'd prefer the smaller 3oz cans, but that's too expensive, even with the cheaper brands I still spend way over a hundred bucks on cat stuff(incl. litter) every month, and that is just my half of the bill!
The Shah sold by Aldi Süd contains sugar, though. Have you tried buying in bulk online? I buy by the case from a couple of different sites (litter, too), and the online dealers let you know about sales in their newsletters. If you'd like some addresses, send me a PM.

vibiana

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Myself, I prefer "Special Kitty" brand from Wal-Mart. It comes in so handy for those dead-heat days just before payday, and if I put it on Ritz crackers with a little margarine, I can almost talk myself into believing it's really goose liver pate'.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Vibiana

Myself, I prefer "Special Kitty" brand from Wal-Mart. It comes in so handy for those dead-heat days just before payday, and if I put it on Ritz crackers with a little margarine, I can almost talk myself into believing it's really goose liver pate'.

Sounds yummy!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Vibiana

oh and the kibble with a bit of water is great..lol

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

oh and the kibble with a bit of water is great..lol
No, I prefer the kibble sprinkled over salads or on top of soups!

Has anyone tried the new EVO cans yet? One of my kitties (Gracie) went nuts over it, but, and it's been said before, she'd go nuts over gravel.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine don't seem to go for the gravy and chunks kinds. They lick the gravy and leave the chunks. They like the mushier kinds, but I add water to them and they like that. They lap up the water an that's good for them too.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

No, I prefer the kibble sprinkled over salads or on top of soups!

Has anyone tried the new EVO cans yet? One of my kitties (Gracie) went nuts over it, but, and it's been said before, she'd go nuts over gravel.
No havent sen them around here... are they no grain?? maybe I can get Zoey to eat them...