Whats your ethnic background?

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mom's family: Lithuanian and Russian (modern-day Belarus.)
Dad's family: Ukranian and Russian.

Interesting to see how many people here have Native American descendants.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Interesting to see how many people here have Native American descendants.
Sad that there are no members of Native American descent is more like it.....

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
German and Cherokee on my father's side, English, Scotch-Irish, Cherokee on my mother's. I descend from the very first settlers of East Tennessee and I'm still here!!

Anyone ever hear of the "Melungeons?"

lisar

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mother's side: French (Grandmother), Irish (Grandfather)
Father's side: Persian

lady rowan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Parents were both born and grew up in India. I was born in the US just about 6 months after my mom flew over

I think it would be so cool to have an interesting ancestor in my family tree somewhere or even search through my family tree, but I have no clue how to do a genealogy search.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mostly Italian (mom's side) and German (dad's side), but also have American Indian, Austrian, Welsh, French Canadian, and some other mixed in.

lotso'cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've heard of the Melungeons before...in fact I suspect I've got some on my Father's mother's side of the family.

I'm of English and Irish descent on my mothers side and possibly some Cherokee. I haven't found it yet.

On my fathers side his father was of mainly English descent and his mother is English and Cherokee (I haven't found it yet.) I know we have to have some Native American or Melungeon or both.

I just recently met my father and that side of the family for the first time this May so I'm still learning about the heritage on that side of the family.

Originally Posted by taterbug

German and Cherokee on my father's side, English, Scotch-Irish, Cherokee on my mother's. I descend from the very first settlers of East Tennessee and I'm still here!!

Anyone ever hear of the "Melungeons?"